3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 6:33 AM by MotionMaker

help me out

AshokSuccess
      Here i am fighting with one problem . i have made a flv player which reads the .flv value using flashvars.please look into the code for more clarity.

//*****************Code******************************
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="342" height="291" id="FLVPlayer">
      <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
      <param name="salign" value="lt" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="FlashVars" value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_2&streamName=water&autoPlay=false&autoRe wind=true" />
      <embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Halo_Skin_2&streamName=water&autoPlay=false&au toRewind=true" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="342" height="291" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

//***************Code End*************************//

but the problem here I am facing is I want to play more than one .flv file one after other but without touching the fla file.but it seems little complicated and may be because of lack of knowledge as i am new bee in Flash.but My purpose is to play multiple file one after other using flashvars value.

please help me!

Thanks in Advance!
        • 1. Re: help me out
          MotionMaker Level 1
          Programming is needed anyway you look at it. FlashVars will need you to enumerate the FlashVar names and send along a count variable and then pull out the variable names in F8 with _root["baseName" + enumerator] in a loop.
          Rather than bother with that nasty coding you should be looking at loading the needed file list using an XML file. That XML file you can change without changing the fla. Or if you are using a server script, have it send the XML.
          • 2. Re: help me out
            AshokSuccess Level 1
            Thanks but the problem is we are working on a site where we are passing multiple values seperated with comma(,) or any unique sign. but the problem is if we used the XML file concept then the PHP script has to create a dynamic XML and this is not a big deal but at the end of process we should delete the XML file dinamically this causes to response slowly and another problem is the content of the same XML file should change dynamically for different-2 user.

So thtats the reason i wanted some easier method to use as i am a new bee in flash (intermideate level).

So please help me out!
            • 3. Re: help me out
              MotionMaker Level 1
              Then have the PHP simply send XML. There is no need to create an XML file on the web server. Flash 8 XML.sendAndLoad will request the PHP script and it will return the needed XML.