2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 12:24 PM by JANwyll

How do you rotate a video and not end up with a jittery video?

JANwyll

I have PSE 9 and Premiere Elements 9. My computer has Windows 7 and has 6 Gig of Ram. I took some video with my camera turned sideways to get a better view. When I rotate it in Premiere Elements 9, the video is real jittery. When I have rotated video in Premiere Elements 7 the video played just fine.

• 1. Re: How do you rotate a video and not end up with a jittery video?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, unfortunately, when you Rotate Video, you are forcing the program to create pixels, where none existed.

Can you tell us about this footage, the make/model of the camera, and the Project Preset?

There might not be any way to improve upon it much, but make a trick or two will help.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: How do you rotate a video and not end up with a jittery video?
            JANwyll Level 1

My camera is a Canon Power Shot SX100. In the past I have rotated short films clips from this camera on the Premiere Elements that went with PSE 7. However, my computer was a desktop using Windows XP with only a gig of memory.

I can rotate the film clip using ROXIO's software but I cannot convert it to use with a project I am hoping to make with Premiere Elements.

I am not sure what the Project Preset is. I just opened to create a Project. I was hoping to combine some still photos in a slide show with a couple of short film clips.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Jane Rehrer