3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 5:22 AM by davidbeisner2010

Choppy Audio on capture CS 5

RealVideo1992

I have CS 5 on Windows 7 64 bit. 16 gb ram.  AMD Phenom II  1090 3.2ghz

I am using the Canopus ADVC110 to capture Audio/Video.  I have a audio mixer hooked to it. I can listen to the audio

being recorded and it sounds fine.  When I play it back through my computer it sounds choppy or like I'm underwater.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Choppy Audio on capture CS 5
          davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Hmm... sounds like an issue with audio drivers maybe?

Make sure all your audio drivers are updated. Try recording your audio in a different program than PrPro to see if that resolves your issue. Try recording using the line-in jack on your computer instead of the Canopus, if you've still got audio issues (I see the Canopus is a standard analog device and you can get a simple RCA-stereo 1/8" mini cable for under $10 at Walmart or RadioShack).

Have you exported some of this recorded audio out and tried it on another computer to see if perhaps its the playback not the recording causing problems?

The more you can narrow down what's involved (software/hardware/i-o/etc.) the better we'll be able to help you.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Choppy Audio on capture CS 5
            RealVideo1992 Level 1

I was able to record good audio through the mic inpunt on the CPU.  Then I was able to get good audio through the Canopus playing a DVD.

Then I thought it might be a feedback issue.  I unplugged the audio output of the computer from the audio mixer.  I still got choppy or reverb sounding audio.  Now I'm gonna check all my connections.???

• 3. Re: Choppy Audio on capture CS 5
              davidbeisner2010 Level 3

Yeah... post back with what u find...