30 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 8:04 AM by the_wine_snob

Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.

bluedolphin0502

Hello again.

N.B: I am an ex-PE3 user.

I am having a few issues with PE9.

1. My main issue is that I am regularly getting the 'low system memory; please proceed with caution' message. I have googled it and read people's suggestions, but am not sure where to go from here. I have tried saving my file under another name, but am already up to '....E' (fifth) version of the file I've been working on this afternoon. The total time of the project is only approx 45 min's, although I will say that this 'low system memory' issue seems to be worst today, as I'm adding more still photos.

2. One of the suggestions made by Steve G on one of the forums was to make sure projects are regularly rendered. When I hit 'Enter' to render, the little render window pops up for a split second and then disappears. And I would assume from the red line above my timeline that my file is not rendered.

3. When I switch to 'Sceneline' view, my horizontal scroll-bar across the bottom will only drag SO far (to a certain point in my project; but definitely not to the end of my project. It is really frustrating. I sometimes can fix it by flicking between Sceneline and Timeline, but I have to do this multiple times... and it seems a ridiculous way to do it.

It would be fantastic if someone could help me with these issues, please!

System details:

AMD processor 3.2 Ghz

4 gig RAM (3.12 gig usable)

Windows 7 Ultimate

• 1. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
          DurbsLad Level 1

Rendering takes place only for the region bounded by the sliders at the top of the timeline.  That the render is near-instantaeous suggests to me that those are very close together.  Use them to bound the region you want to preview, press Enter and wait for the line in that region to turn green, after which it should automatically play the previewed region.  If you want to do the whole timeline, set them at the ends and be prepared for a bit of a wait.

One annoyance I find: if I've zoomed in and the sliders are off-scren, there seems to be no way to find them short of zooming all the way out.  This means using the time marker to find one end, zoom out, get both sliders close to that, zoom in and adjust - a little annoying, but it works.  If anyone knows a way to "call" the sliders, I'd be delighted to hear of it.

• 2. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
            nealeh Level 5

Position your CTI to where you want to start the WAB and press ALT+[. Set the CTI to where you want to end the WAB and press ALT+].

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
              DurbsLad Level 1

Thank you, Nealeh - works a treat!

• 4. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                although I will say that this 'low system memory' issue seems to be worst today, as I'm adding more still photos.

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those still images?

What is the Frame Size of your Project?

How is your Page File Managed, and what is the size? This ARTICLE will give you some background and tips.

Also, tell us about your HDD's, and how you have them allocated.

For more discussion on Rendering, please see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                  bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Hi everyone:

Thankyou for all your suggestions.

Sorry, Bill, but both those links give me an error message. I was all set to read them, but they won’t work, unfortunately.

What is meant by ‘page file managed’, sorry? And do you mean ‘hard disk drives’ by HDD, or does it stand for something else in this context? I’m not sure what you mean by how do I have them allocated. Again, apologies for my ignorance. I do have only one HDD, but it is partitioned.

The image sizes all seem to have a depth of 24, but vary in dimensions – I can see that some are quite large (around 3 mg in size, with dimensions of 4288x2848, for example). Is the actual mg-size relevant, or only the physical length and width?

I have tried to look at the frame size of my project, but it seems to be greyed out. In pale digits, there is 720x576 written.

Just before I sent this, I thought of one other thing to try first.

I tried starting a ‘New Project’. I then inserted just 6 still photos, for experimentation purposes. I then hit ‘Enter’ and the Rendering window came up and appears to have rendered correctly. So I then tried looking at one of my other projects (that hadn’t previously been rendered) and tried to render it. In this case, as in for the project I am currently working hard on, the Rendering window flashes up for about ¼ of a second and then disappears.

What is going on???

Sent: Friday, 11 March 2011 2:00 AM

To: rachel jewiss

Subject: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.

although I will say that this 'low system memory' issue seems to be worst today, as I'm adding more still photos.

What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of those still images?

What is the Frame Size of your Project?

How is your Page File Managed, and what is the size? This http://forums.adobe.com/thread/632449?tstart=30 will give you some background and tips.

Also, tell us about your HDD's, and how you have them allocated.

For more discussion on Rendering, please see this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/794719?tstart=0.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                    the_wine_snob Level 9
                    Sorry, Bill, but both those links give me an error message. I was all set to read them, but they won’t work, unfortunately.

It must be either your browser, or your security settings, as they both work perfectly in Chrome and IE7.

Here are the URLS. Try a Copy/Paste.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/632449?tstart=30

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/794719?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

HDD = Hard Disk Drive, and the Page File is the Windows Virtual Memory feature, for when the usage exceeds the amount of physical RAM. The Page File can be statically determined, or dynamically managed. Unfortunately, with the latter, that management is often too slow and that dynamic management also requires CPU cycles. There are many pluses to having it set to being a static Page File, and the Resources article explains those.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                        the_wine_snob Level 9
                        I do have only one HDD, but it is partitioned.

Partitions are hold-overs from decades ago, when OS's could not see large HDD's. This article will explain more: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708?tstart=60

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                          bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Thanks for that link re partitioning (that link worked, which was good). I’ll have to deal with that issue once I have a proper grasp on these other things – brain overload at the moment, plus an awful lot of wasted time! Gggggrrrr! (Computers!!!)

Oh, I forgot to say, does anyone have any ideas as to why I can’t scroll along properly in Sceneline view?

Sent: Friday, 11 March 2011 1:28 PM

I do have only one HDD, but it is partitioned.

Partitions are hold-overs from decades ago, when OS's could not see large HDD's. This article will explain more: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708?tstart=60

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

As for Sceneline View Mode, I have to admit that I never use that - only Timeline View Mode. Since this is a GUI thing, the first thought that I would have would be to check that you have the very latest video card driver, from the video card mfgr's. Web site.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 11. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                              bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Yes I do have the latest drivers, unfortunately. But thanks anyway!

Sent: Friday, 11 March 2011 2:41 PM

As for Sceneline View Mode, I have to admit that I never use that - only Timeline View Mode. Since this is a GUI thing, the first thought that I would have would be to check that you have the very latest video card driver, from the video card mfgr's. Web site.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                DurbsLad Level 1

Bill, I must disagree with you about partitions - they remain, in my view, a valuable thing.  I prefer to set up a machine with at least two partitions, one for the system software and one for the data.  I actually like a third partition for add-on software, so that I wind up with a System partition which has the operating system (OS), a Software partition for applications I install, both of these being relatively small (I have a 2TB drive, so 100GB each [stats: the Windows 7 drive has a staggering 49GB used, and the software drive only 20GB, so I over-catered on the latter).  The remainder is for data, and extra drives are single partitions.  The point of all this is that one can in the event of a problem confidently blow away the system partition and reinstall the OS, and the software partition has a clear record of the applications that need to be re-installed.  A secondary virtue is that backups of data become much simpler to set up since the data is not sprinkled over the drive with the OS, and backing up the system software is a clear and simple proposition.  Defragmentation is a sectional matter.  It's not just a matter of the address space of a 32- or 64-bit OS, but also of convenience - I stick with partitions for the convenience.

• 13. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                  nealeh Level 5

I also have a partitioning scheme on my first disk: P1 - for Windows 7; P2 - for Vista (system and applications); P3 - for Windows 7 applications. My second disk is for data. I don't have any problems from PSE/PRE with this scheme.

The only problems I typically get are when software has been ported from other Operating System versions and assumes all files will be installed to the same drive. I had this a couple of days ago. I was updating the excellent GPL PDF Creator software and got .dll errors because I installed the application to E: while the installer automatically placed several key files to C:. Uninstalling and reinstalling to C: fixed it.

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale

• 14. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                    bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Yes, well the way we have it set up is: C drive for all programs, etc., D drive for music (+ video files storage that I’m not using in my current PE9 project), E for storage, and F for all my current video-editing needs. So we find that a good system, too, so I can certainly see what u mean re convenience.

Thanks for your input!

Sent: Friday, 11 March 2011 8:02 PM

Bill, I must disagree with you about partitions - they remain, in my view, a valuable thing.  I prefer to set up a machine with at least two partitions, one for the system software and one for the data.  I actually like a third partition for add-on software, so that I wind up with a System partition which has the operating system (OS), a Software partition for applications I install, both of these being relatively small (I have a 2TB drive, so 100GB each [stats: the Windows 7 drive has a staggering 49GB used, and the software drive only 20GB, so I over-catered on the latter).  The remainder is for data, and extra drives are single partitions.  The point of all this is that one can in the event of a problem confidently blow away the system partition and reinstall the OS, and the software partition has a clear record of the applications that need to be re-installed.  A secondary virtue is that backups of data become much simpler to set up since the data is not sprinkled over the drive with the OS, and backing up the system software is a clear and simple proposition.  Defragmentation is a sectional matter.  It's not just a matter of the address space of a 32- or 64-bit OS, but also of convenience - I stick with partitions for the convenience.

• 15. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                      bluedolphin0502 Level 1

You wouldn’t all believe it!

Just before sitting down to dinner, I thought I’d try to burn my current project, just so I have a back-up (given all the issues I’m having) + to see what would happen rendering-wise. Lo-and-behold I am now getting my burn frozen at 92% + a TRANSCODING ERROR message.

I am going insane, now, I believe, so it’s definitely time for bed!

Hopefully I’ll wake up to some helpful answers from you brilliant people! Thankyou in advance.

Cheers,

Rach

Sent: Friday, 11 March 2011 10:03 PM

I also have a partitioning scheme on my first disk: P1 - for Windows 7; P2 - for Vista (system and applications); P3 - for Windows 7 applications. My second disk is for data. I don't have any problems from PSE/PRE with this scheme.

The only problems I typically get are when software has been ported from other Operating System versions and assumes all files will be installed to the same drive. I had this a couple of days ago. I was updating the excellent GPL http://www.pdfforge.org/ software and got .dll errors because I installed the application to E: while the installer automatically placed several key files to C:. Uninstalling and reinstalling to C: fixed it.

Cheers,

--

Neale

• 16. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                        DurbsLad Level 1

My only comment, nealeh, is that quirky assumptions about installation downgrade the software from "excellent" to "pretty good".  I see from your reply and the following posting that other partition arrangements exist.  Whatever works for you!

I would say that the most efficient arrangement for video editing would share the load over multiple physical drives, but those should be high-speed, not even USB2 (which is relatively slow).  If one could afford to throw endless money at the problem, one could get a pretty good system going.  The latest 6Gb/s eSATA 2 drives would be nice.

None of which addresses the low-memory issue.  Sorry - bad of me to sidetrack the discussion.

• 17. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                          Ted Smith Level 3

Make sure your stills are no bigger pixel size than your project pixel size. Reduce then with Photoshop or Paint if necessary.

I recently added 20 stills with quick dissolves to the head of a 45 minute HD project with hundreds of other effects & split tracks.

After about 15 stills, I got the message "Low in resources, please save your work" when I put a title over the stills.

Everything in the editing process turned to slow motion and when I dragged anything over the screen it left behind lots of tiled images of the item being dragged.

There was still tons of available memory in Task Manager and heaps of disk space.

I saved the project, closed it and reaopened the project and everything was fine, I could add another 10 stills without any problem whatsoever

Bring an old programmer form the slow computer days, it is in my opinion a classic indication that PE9 has either a memory leak, memory management  or a time sequencing issue where a subroutine or function using part of a DLL is not completing before another one tries to use the same code.(Recursive issue) A memory leak is where some resources memory is not completely freed up when it is finished with by a routine (forgetful programmer) so an available block of memory reserved by the program used to store temporary variables becomes exhausted. This has little to do with the total memory of the computer.

This can very easily be recreated in Visual Basic or C by not following the correct sequence procedure of calling code from other sources.

So the temporary cure (until Adobe fixes it) is to close a project and reopen it as soon as you see any sign of things slowing down.

If you dont, you will eventually crash.

I suggest this is a reason so many people report crashing and freezing (particularly using stills).  It unfortunately depends on the combination of effects and transitions used and the specifications of individual computers.

The same can go with burning. When you are about to burn a complicated project, close it (and even reboot the computer).

Shut down any other unnecessary background routines showing in the right hand task bar and virus protection. Then reload the project and immediately burn it without trying to preview anything.

• 18. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

@Durbstlad,

Bill, I must disagree with you about partitions - they remain, in my view, a valuable thing.  I prefer to set up a machine with at least two partitions, one for the system software and one for the data.

This is your call. If one wishes to create a bottleneck in the I/O sub-system, and cause a lot more wear and tear on the HDD, that is up to the user. Since the OS sees the partitions as separate HDD's, it expects them to act like separate HDD's. One of the first laws of physics is that an object cannot be in two places at the same time - so the heads can only be over one spot on the platters at any one time. Still, the OS will demand reads and writes from different places on the platters - at the same time - impossible.

For video editing, multiple, physical HDD's are the way to go. The I/O will be greater, as the read/write loads are spread, and the mechanical wear will be reduced. With the cost of HDD's falling, it would be simple to have, perhaps a 320, or 500GB System, then multiple 1TB drives for media, Projects, etc.

Again, the decision is yours.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                              DurbsLad Level 1

Hunt, I apologise for previously addressing you as "Bill" - the way  you sign you emails is clearly your preference, and it was bad that I  did not pick up on that.

According to my understanding  of how a modern disk drive works, there is no I/O bottleneck caused by  multiple partitions.  The positioning of the read heads is  electromagnetic, not mechanical, as the arms bearing the read/write  heads rotate on a pivot to a point determined by the angle of rotation,  in turn determined by the strength of a magnetic field.  Wear and tear  on the pivot is not what determines the life of a drive - it's the  capacity.  My earliest drive offered a then-huge 40MB.  My current  machine has a thousand times that on the partition which holds the  operating system, and one would fill that 40MB capacity with a few  seconds of video.  I think it's also worth noting that in the 25 or more years I've owned disk drives, I've never had one one fail on me, and I've always had multiple partitions and have driven them pretty hard.

There might be a performance issue if  the program were swapping memory in and out, but with my 4GB of memory  and a maximum memory usage of 2.5GB while rendering video and doing  other tasks in parallel, I'm obviously not accessing the page file in  the system partition.  Given that PE will render more than 2 hours of  DVD-grade video in 25 minutes while the machine is doing other fairly  demanding tasks (quad-core 3.6GHz is nice to have), I can't find it in  me to complain of the performance.

As you say, multiple drives are the way to go if you can afford it.  You probably can't buy a drive under 1TB in size  these days, but the capacity of the drives is not the important issue;  it's the spread of workload that matters.  Ideally: one for the source,  one for the work area and this one preferably solid-state, and one for  the output (all in addition to the system drive).  I note that external USB drives are not a good choice - USB is slow as compared with an internal drive (desktops rule for performance).  Most people have less  ideal systems and make do with a single drive - if one did this  professionally, then throughput would matter and would justify a  multi-drive system.

• 20. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Bill, or Hunt each work fine.

According to my understanding  of how a modern disk drive works, there is no I/O bottleneck caused by  multiple partitions.  The positioning of the read heads is  electromagnetic, not mechanical, as the arms bearing the read/write  heads rotate on a pivot to a point determined by the angle of rotation,  in turn determined by the strength of a magnetic field.  Wear and tear  on the pivot is not what determines the life of a drive - it's the  capacity.  My earliest drive offered a then-huge 40MB.  My current  machine has a thousand times that on the partition which holds the  operating system, and one would fill that 40MB capacity with a few  seconds of video.  I think it's also worth noting that in the 25 or more years I've owned disk drives, I've never had one one fail on me, and I've always had multiple partitions and have driven them pretty hard.

Now, I am not sure if you are referring to SSD's, or to physical HHD's.

If HDD's, regardless of the positioning circuits, the heads still move over the platters, and that is ultimately a mechanical movement.

Now, from when I started, prior to HDD's, and the heads were in an 8" floppy drive, things were horribly slow. With the first 10MB HDD's, things got quicker, and more efficient, but one still had the mechanics involved. Over time, more heads, and more platters were added, and the actuators improved in a quantum fashion, but one still was bound to the physical mechanics. The positioning has improved, as has the speed. If there were no mechanics involved, one would have heads that floated freely, with no tethers and they would connect via a neural connection, with no wires, no arms, no servos, and would be as quick as RAM. SSD's do come closer to RAM, but then RAM is also much quicker today, than in the past. The HDD's are still bound by the laws of physics, and by the mechanics, however improved.

Now, if you have some totally new info, on neural-network "flying" heads, I'd be glad to read of them. I am about to buy a series of F3 SpinPoints, and if there is something as fast as RAM, that does not use mechanically attached heads, and something faster than a 10K platter, then I'd be most interested in seeing it - before I plunk my $ down. Do you have any links to these new, improved, and almost magical HDD's? I'd love to get a half-dozen - though I will not be partitioning them.

Good luck, and please share the knowledge.

Hunt

• 21. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                  bluedolphin0502 Level 1

By the way, everyone...

I still cannot render my project. The red line is still across my whole timeline.

Anyone have any more ideas?

I did manage to successfully burn the disc, as is, and the quality didn’t look dreadful. Thankyou for suggesting I not have any other programs open and attempt the burn after a restart, as these ideas seemed to be what did it.

From: DurbsLad forums@adobe.com

Sent: Sunday, 13 March 2011 12:14 PM

Hunt, I apologise for previously addressing you as "Bill" - the way  you sign you emails is clearly your preference, and it was bad that I  did not pick up on that.

There might be a performance issue if  the program were swapping memory in and out, but with my 4GB of memory  and a maximum memory usage of 2.5GB while rendering video and doing  other tasks in parallel, I'm obviously not accessing the page file in  the system partition.  Given that PE will render more than 2 hours of  DVD-grade video in 25 minutes while the machine is doing other fairly  demanding tasks (quad-core 3.6GHz is nice to have), I can't find it in  me to complain of the performance.

As you say, multiple drives are the way to go if you can afford it.  You probably can't buy a drive under 1TB in size  these days, but the capacity of the drives is not the important issue;  it's the spread of workload that matters.  Ideally: one for the source,  one for the work area and this one preferably solid-state, and one for  the output (all in addition to the system drive).  I note that external USB drives are not a good choice - USB is slow as compared with an internal drive (desktops rule for performance).  Most people have less  ideal systems and make do with a single drive - if one did this  professionally, then throughput would matter and would justify a  multi-drive system.

• 22. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                    DurbsLad Level 1

Hunt, I know of no magical new hard-drive technology.  Head-per-track was the best disk technology, but that's probably lost in the drive to lower cost - Burroughs once had very large, very power-hungry, high-speed head-per-track drives.  By "large" I refer to the shoulder-high cabinets they were housed in.

Currently, the ultimate in speed is SSD.  It's proportionately very expensive, though, but is becoming popular for the system drive.  If you're looking to update your disk drives, you should give thought to eSATA 2, which will probably mean a new interface card, and possibly a new motherboard.  If you don't use a desktop, I'm fairly sure it means a new machine.  The virtue is that it's double the speed of eSATA, and around 33% faster than USB3.  (But wait for USB4, or eSATA 3, or ...)

If I edited video professionally, I would probably have a SSD system drive, and a number of other drives serving for source video, work files, and other data, and quite likely a hot-swappable drive with a HDD for each client.  But I do it as a hobby, and not very much of that, so I have a more modest system, with partitions to provide the convenience of all those drives without the cost.  It works for, has done for decades, and I'm perfectly happy with it.  Throughput is just fine, thank you.

• 23. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                      DurbsLad Level 1

Rachel/bludedolphin, I have somehow managed to get my message tacked onto the back of yours - sorry, I don't know how I did it, although I did have a session timeout of some sort, followed by a recovery, which presumably didn't quite do the right thing.

When I looked at your uploaded footage, my first thought was that the stabiliser effect might sort it out at the cost of some magnification.  Then I realised that this is probably nonsense, the footage being smooth prior to the render, not jerky as loaded.

The final though I have to offer is that you might try to take the original footage and convert that to AVI, and then edit and render the AVI files.  PE does have some issues with MPEG, but I should add that my experience has been that it's only the matter of field order dominance, and should not matter if your output is progressive scan, as I think Bill Hunt or Steve Grisetti pointed out.

You seem to have felt left out in the cold with the recent side-discussion; sorry about that.  I will say that I have shot my last bolt on your problem.  Good luck with it.

• 24. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                        bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Don't worry, definitely not feeling left out! Just inferior/dumb, 'coz it's over my head! LOL. And thanks to all of u for all of your suggestions.

Sent: Monday, 14 March 2011 10:03 PM

Rachel/bludedolphin, I have somehow managed to get my message tacked onto the back of yours - sorry, I don't know how I did it, although I did have a session timeout of some sort, followed by a recovery, which presumably didn't quite do the right thing.

When I looked at your uploaded footage, my first thought was that the stabiliser effect might sort it out at the cost of some magnification.  Then I realised that this is probably nonsense, the footage being smooth prior to the render, not jerky as loaded.

The final though I have to offer is that you might try to take the original footage and convert that to AVI, and then edit and render the AVI files.  PE does have some issues with MPEG, but I should add that my experience has been that it's only the matter of field order dominance, and should not matter if your output is progressive scan, as I think Bill Hunt or Steve Grisetti pointed out.

You seem to have felt left out in the cold with the recent side-discussion; sorry about that.  I will say that I have shot my last bolt on your problem.  Good luck with it.

• 25. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                          DurbsLad Level 1

bluedolphin0502 said: Don't worry, definitely not feeling left out! Just inferior/dumb, 'coz  it's over my head! LOL.

A thought for you: we all start out ignorant of everything.  Ignorance can be cured!  (Stupidity is a different matter, of course.)  Don't feel inferior, just work on reducing your level of ignorance.  As you've found out, in this specialised area, you'll get lots of help with that here.  [Cue the Desiderata - words to take to heart.]

• 26. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                            bluedolphin0502 Level 1

THANKS!

Sent: Wednesday, 16 March 2011 12:49 AM

http://forums.adobe.com/people/bluedolphin0502 said: Don't worry, definitely not feeling left out! Just inferior/dumb, 'coz  it's over my head! LOL.

A thought for you: we all start out ignorant of everything.  Ignorance can be cured!  (Stupidity is a different matter, of course.)  Don't feel inferior, just work on reducing your level of ignorance.  As you've found out, in this specialised area, you'll get lots of help with that here. 

• 27. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                              bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Just to update, in case this helps someone else...

I haven’t had the ‘low system memory’ for quite a while.

Changes I’ve made are:

1.       Uninstalled ‘Dropbox’, as it seemed to be taking a lot of the system resources.

2.       Resized all my pictures.

3.       Have as few programs open as possible.

So far, so good!

http://forums.adobe.com/people/bluedolphin0502 said: Don't worry, definitely not feeling left out! Just inferior/dumb, 'coz  it's over my head! LOL.

A thought for you: we all start out ignorant of everything.  Ignorance can be cured!  (Stupidity is a different matter, of course.)  Don't feel inferior, just work on reducing your level of ignorance.  As you've found out, in this specialised area, you'll get lots of help with that here. 

• 28. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                                bluedolphin0502 Level 1

This is unbelievable! It's like PE9 knew I was talking about it!

I sent my previous email, returned to my PE9 project, and got the' low

system memory' message.

'These things are sent to try us...'

Rach

• 29. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                                  bluedolphin0502 Level 1

Another update:

I have successfully burned my project again (almost completed – yeah!) and it doesn’t seem to have mattered that my project is saying it’s unrendered (with the red line all along the timeline) – the quality is very good and I can play it to watch on tv.

• 30. Re: Rendering and Low System Memory issues in PE9.
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news!

As far a Rendering, this ARTICLE will give you some background.

Good luck,

Hunt