Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem recording Oracle forms

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've come across a problem with recording Oracle forms (EBS).

Captivate records the screens but does not automatically add labels, etc...

Anyone else comeacross this problem?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recording is not completely supported for JAVA applications.,i.e it does not add captions to all objects in a JAVA application. Oracle forms are JAVA applications and hence, you do not see the captions generated. You may have to manually add captions to your project.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sushma

Is there any documentation or support entries about this anywhere, I've been unable to find anything?

I would like to find out the particular technical reasons why this does not work so I could investigate a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you consider posting any workarounds here? I might be facing that issue soon too.

Perhaps it's to encourage us to buy Oracle's eye wateringly expensive capture software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brightonjon wrote:

Would you consider posting any workarounds here? I might be facing that issue soon too.

Perhaps it's to encourage us to buy Oracle's eye wateringly expensive capture software

Captivate reads the accessibility information exposed by Application controls and creates captions out of them while recording. When the application does not expose the required accessibility information, then CP will not be able to generate captions. This is perhaps what is happening with Oracle forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sushma

The accessibility data may be the right way to go.

I'm not an Oracle developer so I'm going to have to do some investigation into this area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick update...

After some hunting around I came across the Oracle Access Bridge which is supposed to enable screen reading facilities for java forms, etc.

I've not got it working so far but I'll keep trying.

If anybody's come across this software before and knows how to get it up and running, any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources