3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2011 6:43 PM by areohbee

A problem with publish service icon

TPJ77

I have a problem with a LR plugin I'm working on.

My plugin is a common publish service. The code is VERY similar to the flickr plugin.

My  problem is with publish service icon. No matter what do I do, the icon  is missing (in LR). I have set the publishServiceProvider.small_icon  property to the name of my icon file. The file is present in the same  folder, as the rest of the plugin files.

At first, I  thought that perhaps something is wrong with the image. But when I tried  to use the same icon for the flickr plugin, everything was ok. So the  image is in correct format.

What can be the cause of my problem?

BTW, I use LR 3.2 and 3.3, if it's important.

(I've already started similar discussion here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/802764?tstart=0

but I was suggested to try on this forum.)

• 1. Re: A problem with publish service icon
          clvrmnky Level 4

I ran into problems when adding resources to a plugin. I had to restart Lr when adding any resources, at least on a Mac.  It appears to be a known issue of some kind.

I'd also check file permissions and double-check the filenames being used, both on the filesystem in the plugin and in your publish definition.

• 2. Re: A problem with publish service icon
            mimi'ät'kaktusteam'dot'de

I had the same problem: branding image file small_yag.png not found. Restarting lightroom did the job, now everything works fine.

Some keywords: publishServiceProvider.small_icon = 'small_yag.png'

• 3. Re: A problem with publish service icon
              areohbee Level 5

I've never *noticed* a problem with icon resources, not that I would have, but I have noticed the problem with other plugin files, on Mac. Its almost as if Lightroom takes a snapshot of what's there then ignores new stuff when you reload the plugin.

e.g. ExifMeta re-writes the metadata definition module. On Windows, simply reloading the plugin incorporates the newly re-written module, whereas on Mac, Lightroom must be restarted for it to be incorporated. Perhaps these issues are related.