13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 3:46 PM by Yammer

Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable

Jeff Schewe Level 5

Camera Raw 6.4 and Lightroom 3.4 Release Candidates (RC's) are available for download and testing from http://forums.adobe.com

• 1. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
          RobertCatto

Hi Jeff - realise you guys are working on a million things at once, but is there anything we can do to help get the Fuji X100 into this release?  I have a few RAW files here from a pre-production sample (firmware 0.69 I believe), but cameras are starting to appear in the wild.  I know a number of folks who would likely be glad to help, if it meant having the ability to work with the files in their normal workflow...

Cheers from New Zealand -

R!

Robert Catto, Photographer

Seatoun, Wellington New Zealand

• 2. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
            Jeff Schewe Level 5

RobertCatto wrote:

Hi Jeff - realise you guys are working on a million things at once, but is there anything we can do to help get the Fuji X100 into this release?

Well, since I don't actually work at Adobe, it isn't up to me :~)

Since this is an RC not a final release, I can't tell you if it'll make it into 6.4 GM. And I'm sure Adobe has sample files as long as the camera is actually shipping.

• 3. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
              RobertCatto Level 1

Ah, sorry - thought you were making the official announcement from Adobe Labs!  My mistake.  Hopefully they'll manage it somehow...

R!

• 4. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                Yammer Level 4

I've just had a look, and this jumped out at me:

* Single images marked for deletion were not moved to the trash

I didn't even know you could delete/mark images in Camera Raw. Can someone please tell me how it works?

• 5. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                  Mollysnoot Level 3

When you're editing in the filmstip mode (e.g. with multiple images, this won't work with a single image), you can select one or more images from the strip and just hit the delete key. The image marked for deletion will then have a red 'X' added to the thumbail, and when scrolling through the thumbnails it will automatically skip past any 'X' files in the preview window. Once you close ACR (with done or open), the files will be deleted automatically... And they certainly seem to be on my PC, not sure what this update is addressing.

I find this to be a very useful way of reviewing a batch of images and getting rid of any I don't want to keep - superior to Bridge for this task IMHO. If you want to 'undelete' any files whilst reviewing them, select the thumbnail again and hit delete for a second time and the 'X' will dissapear.

Hope this helps

M

• 6. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                    Yammer Level 4

Amazing. Thanks!

I've been using ACR for 4 years, and I never knew you could do that. All this time I've been noting image names and deleting them from Bridge.

• 7. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                      Mollysnoot Level 3

Glad I could help out.   I used ACR for a couple of years before I realised you could do this; used to do the same thing you did with Bridge!

(Was looking at the details of the 6.4 RC and I see they've also fixed the issue where undo doesn't always work properly when using the crop tool: bravo!)

M

• 8. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                        Yammer Level 4

Mollysnoot wrote:

(Was looking at the details of the 6.4 RC and I see they've also fixed the issue where undo doesn't always work properly when using the crop tool: bravo!)

I was aware of that, but didn't realise it was a bug!

• 9. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                          Noel Carboni Level 7

When posting about the availability of beta software, you might want to include a small note letting people know that it is beta software and not a final release.  The letters "RC" may not be universally understood.

I can see where people chomping at the bit for support for their new camera might want to install this, and people who want to test early in a controlled environment to help ensure they're not going to be bitten by some new bug might want it, but without a clear indication of a version being a beta build some other folks might think it's the official release and go ahead and install it.

Yes, I suppose the vast majority of people don't visit this site; they just wait for the auto-updater to do its thing after the official release.

Never mind.

-Noel

• 10. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The first paragraph of the Labs page for ACR indicates what the situation is:

"Welcome to the Adobe® Photoshop® Camera Raw 6.4 plug-in release candidate on Adobe Labs. A "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers."

• 11. Re: Camera Raw 6.4 RCs availailable
                              Noel Carboni Level 7

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have even posted that.  My coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

-Noel