1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 1:25 PM by LeoAdobeX

Adobe Reader Error Code 1310. Error writing to file: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)...

Garlic Joe

I have been forced to Sumatra by some error in the system.  When I download Adobe Reader 10, during setup, it stops and produces an error window that says 'Error 131. Error writing to file:  C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Adobe\Reader10.0\Esl\Aiodlite.dll. Verify you have access to that directory'...Retry? Cancel? Retry. Then continues then stops at 'Error 1310. Error writing to file.....Reader10.0\CoolType.dll. Verify that you.... then Retry again and it finishes. Then all Icons on my desktop become Adobe Icons. When I click on the 'Adobe reader 10.0 Icon it says "Adobe Reader could not open 'AcroRd32.exe' because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damaged (for example , it was sent as an email attachment was not correctly decoded)." I have been through this many times with Internet Explorer and Safari with only minor differences as Safari doesn't give me the difficulties with the setup but does have the same effect. I have tried to go back to older versions of Adobe Reader..9.0 and 9.3 to the same end. The only thing I can think of is that I removed Zinio Reader 4, that was necessary for the online magazines that I get from Mother Earth News and others, but thought I was having difficulty due to it being the only recent addition to my PC. I think somehow it may have taken something with it. Anyway I'm an older not so computer literate entreprenuer that has been forced to this and man do I need help.