1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 10, 2011 7:29 PM by John T Smith

Premiere Freezes After Capture

remy4444

After capturing footage on an HDV miniDV from my camera the screen pretty much goes white.  It's right after the "Save Captured Clip" box comes up and I name the clip.  It seems to have a problem closing the capture window and loading the new clip into the project box.

Also, after capture and after clicking OK in the "Save Captured Clip" box a window pops up telling me there was a problem with video playback.  But since I was able to hit cancel after the first time it pops up after capturing and continue on to the "Save Captured Clip" box, I figured it wasn't too big of a deal that I not be able to see the footage in the capture screen.

A completely usable clip is successfully saved to my scratch that I can edit.  But I don't want this happening every time I want to capture.

My Workflow:

Turn my computer on.

Connect my camcorder through firewire.

Turn camcorder to VCR mode.

Open Premiere.

Open or start a project.

Open the capture window.

Click the record button.

Click the stop button. (a window comes up telling me there was a problem with video playback but it keeps going anyway)

The "Save Captured Clip" box comes up and I name it and click OK (the window telling me there was a problem with video playback comes up again)

Thanks!