Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 Certificate Issues

Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have captivate 5 and cannot get it to add the user's name to it. What am I doing wrong? I followed all instructions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How did you check: did you preview (Project=F4 or in Browser=F12)? Normally the user will be asked to type in his name and this will be inserted on the certificate. The user variable to store the name is created automatically. This workflow is different from the version in CP4 where as developer you had to create the user variable before the widget would have worked. This is still wrongly indicated as workflow in the Help of CP5.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dianapric,

Here are the steps

Step1> Open Captivate 5 and insert Widget

Then Chose Certificate Widget( a dialogur box will appear, if somehow the path is somewhat different of that dialogur box for widgets here is the actual path)

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5\Gallery\Widgets  (if tour captivate is installed in the default root directory)

PIC 1.jpg

When you select certificate widget, it will give you certificate properties. You can choose the type of certificate

PIC 2.jpg

For example i have chosen this course completion certificate. Now it will look like this

PIC 3.jpg

Now when you preview it, the very first thing it gonna ask you is to inser the name, like this

PIC 4.jpg

So finally when you inser the name and click submit, it will finally look like this

PIC 5.jpg

There is the name (Captivate) at the top, which i inserted..

Hope it helps!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one that wonders why this whole Certificate widget thing was made so complicated and yet not flexible enough?

For example, if I choose one of the optional backgrounds, I have to live with the font that was chosen for the heading as well as the wording of it.  Why could not the author be allowed an option to NOT have a background or heading so that we could substitute our own preferred one?

I appreciate the effort that has gone into creating the widget, but there are always going to be people that want either a different background (our company colours have to be used...) a different heading (we call them "interventions" not courses), don't want to specify a date from and to, want the print or next buttons to look different or be in a different position, etc, etc.

I think the better approach for this widget would have been just to serve as a controller that allowed people to build their own certificate.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2011 Sep 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod,

I am feeling the exact same way and wondering how I am going to handle it.  I definitely don't want/need an authorized signature or course duration dates for any of my courses.  sigh.  I wonder if I could use my CP4 widget?

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary,

CP4 had two certificate widgets, one of them was AS3. Did you get the widget I offered you yesterday in Ask Adobe Team?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did indeed. Thanks so much. As I read more about the widget and the fixed widget, I am getting discouraged. Now, I can't print it!! Thanks for your help!

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve!  Do you have a source file for the certificate widget fix you sent me in September?  I can't find it anywhere and I have a techy guy willing to help me out with edits to it in flash.

Thanks,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Mary, do not even remember that. Did I send it by mail or did I just offer you a link to somewhere?

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there – I think it was a link. Here it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No link there, Mary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was there... Really! I swear it was. Then whooosh! Off it ran to an obscure corner of the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, you are the big Chief, what did you do to that link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry... what I posted was intended to be a joke. I subscribe to all posts by email and I didn't see the link either. Looks like it was overlooked before posting. Happens to me a lot with attachments in email. You intend to attach but forget.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the joke, Rick, know you get them by mail

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I wasn't sure. Sometimes my sense of humor isn't well received by others. Heck, even my wife often looks at me quizically and doesn't understand when I crack them off.

But I'm used to it.

Have a good day all! Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I know you for ever, mostly catch the jokes, if you do not use strange words that I do not understand. In that case I ask for explanation, remember?

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve,

Did you see that I had attached file file?

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, Mary, you cannot attach files in the forum. I thought you had sent the link and was looking for that.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources