• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cp. file cannot be opened directly

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2007 Jun 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to open .cp file directly by clicking it, the Captivate gets stuck and it is only showing big white box in the middle of the screen. If I go through the Captivate program and open the chosen file from there, its open it right away.
The same problem occurs in InDesgin.
I reinstalled the Captivate and the problem remains.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Branka

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Branka

Ideas? Sure! But seeing how it's Friday and all, you probably won't like mine, as it's a bit on the snarky side.

Always open Captivate first? Then open the file you wish to use? (See, warned you it was snarky)

I'm not sure what I might try to make it work differently. Personally, I never open files this way. I always open them after opening the application I used to create them.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rick,
Sure, I forgive you because it's Friday
I expected that you would tell me to open Captivate first...

As a reminder.. the same problem occurs in Adobe InDesgin. It looks like some some Adobe registry glitch.

Chrs.
Branka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another obvious option ... you might open Control Panel and check the file-association for the "CP" file extension. It might be pointing to an old install in which case you can use the edit (association) to point to the current main folder.

I only suggest this because it is Friday, you understand ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you,
but , been there, done that...

Thanx anyway!

Yes, I understand...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources