2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2007 11:08 AM by samcaneh

glitch with loading image (SWF)

samcaneh
      Hi,

I have about 100 pictures saved as .SWF files. I am loading the flash movie from a website, and pass a single variable from the page. This variable is the name of the only picture (swf) that I need to load and show. This works flawlessly about 90 percent of the time- the only catch is that sometimes the image doesn't load, and I get a white screen. But if I refresh the page, the image always loads correctly. This tends to be more of a problem with IE than firefox... does anybody have any ideas?

This is how I am loading the image (imageHandler is a Loader)

var mcl:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
      var mclL:Object = new Object();

mcl.loadClip("Images/" + _root.imageFile + ".SWF",imageHandler);
        • 1. Re: glitch with loading image (SWF)
          SymTsb Level 2
          why are you doing this this way? why not just load the image itself? Why are you loading a swf with an embedded jpg? You're less likely to be having this issue.
          • 2. Re: glitch with loading image (SWF)
            samcaneh Level 1
            Follow up to SymTsb's response:

- I was given a single eps Illustrator file with a few hundred layers, and there is one background layer. So, essentially, each layer + background = 1 picture.

- I wrote a scrip that loops through all the layers and creates the ~100 necessary images (again, thats background + layer = image).

- A php page determines which image must be displayed, and loads the flash movie passing the variable: _root.imageFile. This variable is the name of the image that must be displayed.

- The flash movie loads and displays this image. There is also a zoom function.

There are a lot of different formats I can choose from to export each image from Illustrator. Just from playing around with the zoom, SWF files are by far the best choice.

Does this help?