5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 8:22 PM by Newsgroup_User

Changing window type on AIR main application

Level 7
      I'm looking at the AIR help
      http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/air/1/devappsflex/help.html?content=WorkingWithWindows_03.h tml.
      It implies that you can change the type of the main application window by
      not using a WindowedApplication component. Is there a different component
      you can switch to and still have it work? If not, what is the solution for
      having an application that floats on top of everything seamlessly? Leaving
      the main window invisible and launching a different window? Sorry for the
      newbie questions, but I'm trying to get my head around this...

Thanks;

Amy

• 1. Re: Changing window type on AIR main application
          Level 7

"Amy Blankenship *AdobeCommunityExpert*" <Amy_nospam@magnoliamultimedia.com>
          wrote in message news:f59p4e$1rs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm looking at the AIR help
          > http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/air/1/devappsflex/help.html?content=WorkingWithWindows_03.h tml.
          > It implies that you can change the type of the main application window by
          > not using a WindowedApplication component. Is there a different component
          > you can switch to and still have it work? If not, what is the solution
          > for having an application that floats on top of everything seamlessly?
          > Leaving the main window invisible and launching a different window? Sorry
          > for the newbie questions, but I'm trying to get my head around this...

Nevermind, found it...

• 2. Re: Changing window type on AIR main application
            cutmebaby
            Amy, I (and everyone else who visits this thread in the future) would be super appreciative it if you could explain what you found and where... thanks! :)
            • 3. Re: Changing window type on AIR main application
              Level 7
              > Amy, I (and everyone else who visits this thread in the future) would be
              > super appreciative it if you could explain what you found and where...
              > thanks! :)

you would think a "Adobe Community Expert" would practice this. Maybe you
              don't actually have to offer help to the community to get "ACE" status.

Bill

• 4. Re: Changing window type on AIR main application
                Level 7

"Sue_Sue" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                news:f5a1ui$bda$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                > Amy, I (and everyone else who visits this thread in the future) would be
                > super appreciative it if you could explain what you found and where...
                > thanks! :)

If you change the root level tag from the default of WindowedApplication to
                simply Application, it works as you'd expect when you change systemChrome to
                none and transparent to true. Sorry, as a complete newbie to Flex I tend to
                assume all this is obvious to everyone but me.

• 5. Re: Changing window type on AIR main application
                  Level 7

"Bill Betournay" <bill@datapacks.com> wrote in message
                  news:f5a342$cmh$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  >> Amy, I (and everyone else who visits this thread in the future) would be
                  >> super appreciative it if you could explain what you found and where...
                  >> thanks! :)
                  >
                  > you would think a "Adobe Community Expert" would practice this. Maybe you
                  > don't actually have to offer help to the community to get "ACE" status.

You do have to offer help in the product you're an Adobe Community Expert
                  for (they frown on abbreviating it for whatever reason). But I am a newbie
                  at Flex, so I assume I'm the last person to help anyone.