3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2007 2:03 PM by Newsgroup_User

Can anyone help me with image map problems?

shirleygym
      I am new to Fireworks and Dreamweaver. I have inherited some pages from someone and I have to complete the web site. My problem is that I cannot seem to grasp the concept of how to edit an image by adding a hot spot - then fnding the coordinates of the hot spot so I can add these to the image map. I have several tutorials and have spent many hours trying to crack this. I can get the image up in Fireworks - create the hot spot and add the URL and Alternative - but then I dry ! Where can I get coordinates from for the hot spot?
      Thanks in advance to anyone who can push me through this block.
      Also, can anyone recommend a good entry level tutorial - either on line or hard copy for Fireworks?
        • 1. Re: Can anyone help me with image map problems?
          Level 7
          Personally I always do this in Dreamweaver.
          Find the page with the image, create the hotspots using the Properties
          Panel.
          - point it to the right link.

alex

shirleygym wrote:
          > I am new to Fireworks and Dreamweaver. I have inherited some pages from
          > someone and I have to complete the web site. My problem is that I cannot seem
          > to grasp the concept of how to edit an image by adding a hot spot - then fnding
          > the coordinates of the hot spot so I can add these to the image map. I have
          > several tutorials and have spent many hours trying to crack this. I can get the
          > image up in Fireworks - create the hot spot and add the URL and Alternative -
          > but then I dry ! Where can I get coordinates from for the hot spot?
          > Thanks in advance to anyone who can push me through this block.
          > Also, can anyone recommend a good entry level tutorial - either on line or
          > hard copy for Fireworks?
          >
          • 2. Re: Can anyone help me with image map problems?
            Level 7
            shirleygym wrote:
            > I am new to Fireworks and Dreamweaver. I have inherited some pages from
            > someone and I have to complete the web site. My problem is that I cannot seem
            > to grasp the concept of how to edit an image by adding a hot spot - then fnding
            > the coordinates of the hot spot so I can add these to the image map. I have
            > several tutorials and have spent many hours trying to crack this. I can get the
            > image up in Fireworks - create the hot spot and add the URL and Alternative -
            > but then I dry ! Where can I get coordinates from for the hot spot?
            > Thanks in advance to anyone who can push me through this block.
            > Also, can anyone recommend a good entry level tutorial - either on line or
            > hard copy for Fireworks?
            >

I agree with Alex on this. Just open the page in Dreamweaver where the
            image resides, and use the DW Property inspector to create your hot
            spots for the image map.

--
            Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
            Extending Knowledge, Daily
            http://www.communityMX.com/
            CommunityMX - Free Resources:
            http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
            ---
            .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
            news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
            • 3. Re: Can anyone help me with image map problems?
              Level 7
              shirleygym;
              The coordinates would be in the exported html (export html and images),
              although you could just export the image(s) and add the hotspots in
              dreamweaver as others have noted if you prefer. -Tom Unger