0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2007 7:15 PM by Bryan Woods

Map and externally loaded swf working together

Bryan Woods
      Here's the setup:

I have a panoramic viewer, and i'd like to have a map go along side it. The panoramas are loaded externally into the player. Inside these external swf files are "hotspots" that link to other panoramic swf files that load and take the previous swf's place. I have all of this set up, and you can see how I did it in my previous post:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=288&threadid =1274410&enterthread=y

So now my new question is... how can I have a map with points on it, that when you click on a point, it will load a corresponding swf file into the player. I believe that part is easy. My big problem is if someone clicks on a hotspot in the external swf file first, which in turn loads another swf file, and if that person goes back to the map, I want the map to change the position of lets say, a marker or a pin to indicate the new position on the map that correllates to the new external swf that was loaded.

make sense? Any ideas? I was thinking maybe it would be some kind of listener or something so that should a specific swf load, it will recognize it and automatically change the location of the marker on the map to the point that relates to the loaded swf or something...