9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 10:40 PM by ryanjohnsond

TypeError: Error #1085 for dynamic xml created from ASP

Abdul Gafoor Kiliyamannil

Hi

I am trying to access an xml file in flash AS3 which is created from server side language (ASP). But unfortunately it throws an error message like

TypeError: Error #1085: The element type "input" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</input>"

But when I open the page in browser it has written the xml nodes perfectly and I can save the xml and use locally from the flash. There is no error at this time.

And intersting thing is I am not using any tag like <input> </input>

xmlLoader.load(new URLRequest('http://search.oracle.com/search/feed?q=%22target%20region%22:%22north%20america%22%20%22st art%20date%22:%3E3/12/2011%20|%20&group=EventsRSS&start=1&search_p_custom_att=start%20date &search_p_custom_att=event%20type&search_p_custom_att=city&num=1000'));

xmlLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, LoadXML);
          xmlLoader.addEventListener (ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, loading)
      ;

If I pass this url in browser it returns a proper xml and I can use it inside the flash. I  don't know what is wrong here.

When I trace the PROGRESS of the xml loading it breaks in between and it returns 0 for e.bytesTotal value.

I am sure the xml is created properly but I am not sure where is the problem. My AS3 code also perfect and it doesn't throws any error.

Please give me a solution on this.That would be highly appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.