2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 8:44 AM by EarlCrecelius

"Document licensed for different user account"

EarlCrecelius

I'm getting the above error message re several books on my Nook via ADE. My wife has used ADE to download books to her Sony Reader. I don't understand what the problem is, or how to fix it. Pardon my dumbness, but can anyone explain what's going on and how I can rectify it?

Thanks in advance!

Earl

• 1. Re: "Document licensed for different user account"
          Jim Lester Level 4

Most likely you are using different accounts on you computer from your nook.  B&N and Sony will both create AdobeIDs for you that match the email addresses (and passwords) from their accounts.  If your computer is activated to the AdobeID from Sony (?your wife's account), and the nook is activated to the AdobeID from B&N (your account), then you will get this error when transferring content between the two accounts.

Your best bet is to try to have a single account.

• 2. Re: "Document licensed for different user account"
            EarlCrecelius Level 1

Thank you, Jim. That makes sense to me. But just so I'm clear about the problem - apparently I have two accounts with Adobe? If so, how do I go about changing that? Can I merge the two accounts? Or should I just eliminate one account? Or set up a 3rd new account for both my wife and me? Where do I go to do this?

Thank you for your patience.

Earl