2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2007 5:02 PM by Shiv_Kumar

FB 3 Crashing on VISTA Ultimate

Shiv_Kumar
      Simply closing the browser instance (that was opened by the debugger) causes the FB 3 IDE to crash leaving behind a dialog with the following message.

---------------------------
      FlexBuilder
      JVM terminated. Exit code=1
      D:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\jre\bin\javaw.exe
      -Xms128M
      -Xmx512M
      -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20
      -jar D:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\startup.jar
      -os win32
      -ws win32
      -arch x86
      -launcher D:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\FlexBuilder.exe
      -name FlexBuilder
      -showsplash 600
      -exitdata 1318_70
      -vm D:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\jre\bin\javaw.exe
      -vmargs
      -Xms128M
      -Xmx512M
      -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20
      -jar D:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\startup.jar
      OK

This makes testing playing with FB3 very tedious and virtually impossible.

If the IDE does not crash when one closes the browser, then you can't debug for a second time since the debugger thinks its still running. In order to get around this one has to kill a process called ieuser.exe using the task manager.
        • 1. Re: FB 3 Crashing on VISTA Ultimate
          Larry McLister (Adobe) Adobe Employee
          Hi Shiv,
          Flex Builder stand alone is built on top of Eclipse 3.2.x and unfortunately there are issues with Eclipse 3.2.x UI controls and Vista. For now you could run eclipse 3.3 and the plug in version of Flex Builder. In the future we'll be building the stand alone version of Flex Builder on top of Eclipse 3.3.

Eclipse 3.3 RC4 is post at the link below and the release is scheduled for EOW.
          http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

Thanks
          -Larry
          • 2. Re: FB 3 Crashing on VISTA Ultimate
            Shiv_Kumar Level 1
            Larry,

I appreciate your reply and indication as to what the problem is due to.

I'd appreciate it more if you or someone or your side will be kind enough to provide step by step instructions on downloading installing and plugging in the Flex SDK using Eclipse 3.3.

I've tried it before and I just don't seem to be able to get it to work (don't understand the terminology they use or something).

I seriously hope the next beta release is going to have a functional version Eclipse?

I'm curious why Adobe didn't bother to let us know of these issues earlier and why they don't make instructions available to do what needs to be done in order to beta test their software.