5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2011 6:02 AM by Ned Murphy

New to Flash, need some help.

StHelensBull Level 1

I am new to the Adobe Flash world and in need of some help. I have a banner rotator fla file that has an xml file for producing the content. My question: How do I rename the xml file from "config.xml" to "BannerConfig.xml" and still have it work with the flv file?

• 1. Re: New to Flash, need some help.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do you mean "fla file"?  An xml file will not normally work with a video file (flv).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: New to Flash, need some help.
            StHelensBull Level 1

Yup my bad, I am in need of where to rename the xml file in the f

la file so when I publish swf it uses the new xml named file.

• 3. Re: New to Flash, need some help.

There should be some code in the fla file somewhere that specifies the name of the file you want to change.  The code should be located on the (or a) time line.  If you see a frame (or frames) in the timeline that has a lower case "a" in it, select that frame and open the Actions window to see the code.  It is always possible that the code in located inside a movieclip as well.  And if the file uses AS2 it could even be attached to a symbol on the stage, in which case you would need to select the symbol on the stage while the Actions panel is open to see the code.

• 4. Re: New to Flash, need some help.
                StHelensBull Level 1

Ned, I would like to thank you for your diligent response in the

issue I was having. After looking for about 3 hours, combing the web for an answer I fou

nd that by going into the AC_FL_RunContent() and adding

'FlashVars', 'xmlFile=Banner/BannerConfig.xml', I was able to rename the file but also put in a different folder. I thank you for your time and patience.

• 5. Re: New to Flash, need some help.

You effort is commendable... it wouldn't have dawned on me to suggest looking at the html embedding code to find the xml file being specified there instead of in the file itself... it is not the norm.  I'll have to try to remember that being a possibility.