8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2007 1:29 AM by Markus_Held

Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?

CDGD Level 1
      In any FDS project created with the opition 'Compile application locally in Flex Builder', the error message:
      <Unexpected attribute 'url' found in 'endpoint' from file services-config.xml>
      appears and the project won't compile.

I've googled for this, and found a couple of other similar posts, but no reply. Does this mean that this option doesn't, in fact, work?
        • 1. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
          riafan
          I'm having the same problem. I'm running flex builder 2.0 and have installed LiveCycle Data Services ES. Worse yet, if I select the option to have the server compile the project builder throws an error when switching to design view "An unknown item is declared as the root of your MXML document. Switch to source mode to correct it."
          • 2. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
            Level 7
            You need to update to Flex Builder 2.0.1 Hotfix 2 or at the very least update
            your underlying SDK's /lib/flex-messaging-common.jar to that from LCDS 2.5.

• 3. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
              torlisa.jeffrey
              Peter, does this hotfix work for FlexBuilder 2.0.1 with Charting?? I was comparing the sizes of my licensed sdk and the hotfix...and the one from the hotfix is smaller..should just wanted to be sure that i wasnt loosing anything...or is the safest bet to just update the flex-messaging-common-jar?
              • 4. Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
                Hello,

I updated to Hot Fix 2 and I'm still getting the error:

Unexpected attribute 'url' found in 'endpoint' from file: services-config.xml.

Does anyone know another possible fix besides upgrading? Reinstall LCDS, Eclipse, Hibernate Tools, GEF, WTP, FB2, rebuild my application from ground zero? Ugh. I really don't want to do that (again). Sorry for the mini-rant.

Thanks.
                • 5. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
                  Of course as soon as you post/beg for help, your problem goes away...

I tried another tact and re-applied Hot Fix2 using executable instead of Zip file. I went into Flex and deleted my App including contents. Rebuilt the app. Still got same error. Exited Flex again, reopened. This time it prompted for Serial Number. I entered my serial number. I no longer see the error.

Laurie
                  • 6. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
                    Level 7
                    The main thing that Flex Builder is getting from LCDS is a flex-messaging-common.jar
                    file that allows it to read the services-config.xml file (mxmlc is the one
                    actually using this jar in this context). Apart from that, it's client code
                    such as fds.swc and the locale fds_rb.swc.

In Flex 3 it will be much easier to point Flex Builder to new SDKs and allow
                    you to manage multiple versions.

Pete

Hello LaurieHall,

> Hello,
                    >
                    > I updated to Hot Fix 2 and I'm still getting the error:
                    >
                    > Unexpected attribute 'url' found in 'endpoint' from file:
                    > services-config.xml.
                    >
                    > Does anyone know another possible fix besides upgrading? Reinstall
                    > Eclipse, Hibernate Tools, GEF, WTP, FB2, rebuild my application from
                    > ground zero? Ugh. I really don't want to do that (again). Sorry for
                    > the mini-rant.
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >

• 7. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
                      Peter,

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the improvements in Flex 3. :-) I've learned a lot so far, but it hasn't been easy!

Thanks,
                      Laurie
                      • 8. Re: Compile FDS application locally doesn't work?
                        Markus_Held
                        Hi Peter. I'm experiencing the same problems with Flex Builder 2. I've installed the latest update, which hasn't helped. I've just manually copied the flex-messaging-common.jar to the Flex Builder's SDK.

The funny thing is: The app I' working on gets compiled just fine if I use the Flex SDK included in LCDS from the command line.