0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2007 11:52 AM by maniac9999

CHM / XML issues

maniac9999 Level 1
      Hey everyone,

The Borland Delphi 2005 developers I've been working with are having a difficult time getting a .CHM file I delivered to work with an XML index file and call the correct topic. I told them that I couldn't find anything on the web that provides more instruction on this or even endorses the use of an XML file with CHM and Delphi 2005. They responded by saying that eliminating the XML is not an option, since it would require recoding every application screen. We're considering using the CHM format for clients with Windows Vista.

Before I respond, I was looking for some advice from the group. Does anyone know how an XML file, used to index a WinHelp system, can be tweaked to index and correctly call topics in a CHM help system? They (the programmers here) already changed the help calls in the Delphi 2005 code from "WinHelpViewer" to "HTMLHelpViewer".

The only alternative I can think of to make it compatible with Vista is to convert the whole thing (all 2,800+ topics, 530+ RTF files, RoboHelp for Word) into RoboHelp HTML X5 and deliver it as WebHelp. Since the app is delivered over a network, not a web, I'd need to give them instructions on how to link it up. AND (you guessed it) they would probably want to still use their XML file.

Any ideas/advice?

Thanks,
      Jim