4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2007 11:49 AM by Shad0wdrag0n

Some tricky problems

Shad0wdrag0n Level 1
      I seem to be having a few problems with my flash game. Unfortunately the problems are a bit too complex to explain here. I was wondering if I could get someone to take a look at my flash files and help me figure out what's going wrong.
        • 1. Re: Some trickey problems
          SymTsb Level 2
          Post a link to a zip file and we can give it a look.
          • 2. Some tricky problems
            Shad0wdrag0n Level 1
            Here is the zip file. Cellar1 and Inn5 both load into Main. There are two problems I'm having. The first is that when your health is reduced below 0 it's supposed to become 0, but it doesn't, it stays where it was before being dropped below 0. The second problem is that when the player contacts the big red circle his health is supposed to go up. It does, but it doesn't show until the player enters a battle or goes up the stairs. How do I get the health increase to show immediately?

http://shadowdragonlair.fortunecity.com/cellar.zip

(uploaded a newer version of my flash files)
            • 3. Re: Some tricky problems
              Shad0wdrag0n Level 1
              Has anyone been able to take a look at my flash files? Maybe I can try to explain the second problem in more detail (for the first I think you really need to take a look at the coding I've used in the flash files and see if I've done something wrong). I have three flash files, two of them load into the third with the loadMovieNum action. I've got a variable called _global.health in the main flash file that links to a dynamic text box in each of the other two flash files. I've got a MC that has the code I've included below. Basically when the player MC comes into contact with the healing MC, and the _global.health variable is below 10, then the _global.health variable is suppposed to increase back to 10. The problem is that the dynamic text doesn't register the increase until the movie changes to a different scene or a different movie. How do I get it to register the change immediately?.
              • 4. Re: Some tricky problems
                Shad0wdrag0n Level 1
                Doesn't anyone know how to fix the problems I'm having? I think it has to do with the dynamic text. For the healing thing, it will increase the _global.health variable, but the dynamic text wont show the change until the movie goes to another scene, or a new movie is loaded into main.swf. When the _global.health variable is decreased during combat the dynamic text will show the change immediately. Except when the decrease drops the player's health to 0 or less. For some reason the dynamic text wont show the change then. It will show when the player's health drops but stays above 0. It also shows when the enemy's health drops, even if it drops to 0 or less. Can someoen please tell me what's going on because I can't figure it out.