3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2006 8:51 AM by Philomene

Fixed browser window...

Philomene
      Hi, I really need some help! I have been searching for a couple days now... and yet I can't figure it all.

is there a way in dreamweaver so that the browser window becomes unable to expand?
      or is there a way so that there are fixed ratios of table or spaces, so
      that when you open them in the browser, it doesnt change as you make
      the window bigger?

I would really appreciate your help!! P
        • 1. Re: Fixed browser window...
          Level 7
          > is there a way in dreamweaver so that the browser window becomes unable
          > to
          > expand?

No. You can open a new web browser window at a fixed size, but that requires
          getting around pop-up blockers and still doesn't restrict a person from
          resizing it once the window opens.

> or is there a way so that there are fixed ratios of table or spaces, so
          > that when you open them in the browser, it doesnt change as you make
          > the window bigger?

Sure, just give your page elements fixed-widths.

-Darrel

• 2. Re: Fixed browser window...
            Level 7
            .oO(Philomene)

> is there a way in dreamweaver so that the browser window becomes unable to
            >expand?

No.

> or is there a way so that there are fixed ratios of table or spaces, so
            > that when you open them in the browser, it doesnt change as you make
            > the window bigger?

Why do you want that? Fixed sizes often cause much more problems than
            they solve. Of course you can define widths and heights with sizes in
            pixels, but you should know what you're doing.

Micha
            • 3. Re: Fixed browser window...
              Philomene Level 1
              Thanks a lot Darrel. have a wonderful day!