1 2 3 4 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 7:57 PM by LabspaceCBR Go to original post
      • 80. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
        cc_merchant Level 4

Great machine for your kids. Lousy for editing anything.

Tweakers Page - What kind of PC to use?

• 81. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
          Photo_1985 Level 1

Hi roddiehorton,

Ya I see lots of issues.  I have 24 gb of ram and often wished I had more.  First I would not go to 8 gb of RAM but go to 16 Gb.  Also, I would go to 1 Tb of hard drive and a fast hard drive as well.  I use only Solid State and in a RAID 0 Config for added speed. 

This is a great program, but it will be click and wait with poor playback without rendering if you dont have the memory and fast hard drive.  Its like having a Corvette Stingray C7 with a 2 speed transmission and a 4 cylinder engine and most importantly only a AM radio.

Important to note, the cost of memory and hard drives (even SSD Hard Drive) are rather low.

Tom

• 82. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
            roddiehorton

This is for starting out until I learn to edit using Premiere. Best of all the price was only $60.00 and I took the 500gb hard drive out of my Dell Optiplex GX620. I ordered the 64 bit version of Vista yesterday off ebay for $12.99 (Dell Windows Vista restore disk.) So for $72.00 I get to play with Premiere until I actually pay for it. I saw a Full Suite for $1000.00 on ebay. So I guess I'll buy it or something, then upgrade at a later date.

• 83. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
              roddiehorton Level 1

I thought I would add I have an older version of Adobe Premiere 6.5 installed on a 2 ghz Centrino CPU with 2 GB RAM but it works...LOL....

• 84. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                Photo_1985 Level 1

Hi again,

The problem with using underpowered computers to test software like this is it turns you off because of slow and unexpected response.  The only way to get a good feel how it is going to work for you is to have the system you intend to use.  Also, you can purchase the full suite using the Adobe Cloud for $79 a month or $29 per month for Pre Pro only.   If I was to start today, that's how I would do it.  Then it is always updated and believe me, Pre Pro CC is a fine machine but you better have lots of memory.

Also, the full suite on the cloud is free for 30 days.  Go to https://creative.adobe.com/products

• 85. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>64 bit version of Vista yesterday off ebay

That may or may NOT work... Vista is not a tested-supported OS for CS5 and later, only Win7

>Full Suite for $1000.00 on ebay

Be careful of buying software on eBay!!! http://forums.adobe.com/message/1636890

• 86. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                    roddiehorton Level 1

Hey 84 photo_1985,

You just saved me $1000.00. Is adobe Premiere Pro Cloud supported on windows 8?  I would assume it is. Just asking to be sure. I can upgrade to windows 8 pro for less than $60.00. I am a computer tech in a former life. Therefore I can install Windows 8 pro myself. After I upgrade to 8 gb ram. My machine only holds 8 gb. it will have to do for now. I will only be doing small AB with few transitions no special effects or anything major. Just trying to expand on my capabilities. Will upgrade to I-12 CPU with 24 cores and 512 GB ram and 20TB Hard Drive RAID of course and windows 21 when it comes out. Gee, I developed a sense of humor. LOL. You guys have truly been helpful Will go with the subscription for $29.00 for Premiere Pro. Thanks again. You guys are great I believe I will enjoy keeping up with you guys in this forum. Also, rest assured, as I get more familiar with Premiere Pro Cloud, I will invest in a more powerful machine.

• 87. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                      ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

CC works fine on Win 8. You really want 16GB of ram for CC and HD media when you can. That would be the first goal at some point.

Eric

ADK

• 88. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                        JEShort01 Level 4

Strongly suggest Win 8.1 if you were considering 8!

Jim

• 89. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                          Photo_1985 Level 1
                          roddiehorton,

Yes for Windows 8 but upgrade to 8.1 for the better performance.  For the desktop I still perfer Windows 7, but everyone has the favorite.  Both Eric and Jim  are correct and offer some good advice too.

Tom

• 90. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5

While not about video editing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1318710 describes two problems I had with 8.1 which led to going back to "plain" Win8... YMMV

• 91. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                              roddiehorton Level 1

I am familiar with upgrading into a problem with Microsoft operating systems.I still remember dos 4.0. Anyway, I enjoy reading the posts here about premiere and look foward to future posts. Also when I upgrade to windows 8 pro, I will suscribe to Premiere Pro cloud. Would prefere a faster machine but I have beer budget for now. Anyway, I do plan on getting a faster machine, just have to spec it out and build based on recommendations I have seen posted here.

• 92. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                roddiehorton Level 1

Okay, This is what I am about to do. I am going to upgrade to a raid system for my quad core intell 3.ghz optiplex 760 and install an additional 500gb harddrive. So then I would have two 500gb hardrives installed. what raid configeration do I use 0 1 somebody give me suggestions. Also, I need an answer. Do i upgrade to windows 7 or 8 or 8.1. I kind of want to upgrade to Windows 8 professional so I can bvecome familiar with the OS. I repair computers sometimes on a very limited basis. So what to do with the raid. Also, I am downloading the trial version of Premiere Pro CC on  my  Dell Optiplex 620 with 4 gig ram 500gb harddrive and 3.4ghz Dual Core CPU. Will upgrade to more powerful machine later maybe core I7 or something. Suggestions would be helpful.  Roddie

• 93. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                  roddiehorton Level 1

Will up grade to Windows Professional 8.1. Now what raid do I use?

• 94. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                    Photo_1985 Level 1

The RAID issue is not about Windows 7,8,8.1 or whatever.  It is about what you want to do.  Your choice for two hard drives that are the same, is RAID 0 and Raid 1.  Here are the pros and cons of each in layman terms.

RAID 0  Takes two or more of the same hard drives.  The combination of the drives make it faster, larger and more undependable.

This means that two hard drives as you are asking about will be twice as fast and now 1 TB.  Sounds great, yes?  HOWEVER, it is twice as undependable.  Why, because if either drive fails, the RAID 0 (double drive) fails, so back up, back up and back up.

Your correct, three drives make is three time faster and three time more undependable and so on.  This is RAID config I would recommend as long as you back up.

**Note**

One TB solid state drive on its own is faster, much faster, and then if you want more speed later, adding another same type drive is twice as fast as that, but back up.

RAID 1  is slightly slower that a single drive because the same thing is written to each drive which is like a back up all the time.  This type of RAID system is one I would never use.

Now you can get RAID systems that do both, speed and mirror together, but you need 5 drives to do it well and recommended for Pros.

• 95. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                      roddiehorton Level 1

i wil go with Riad 0 for now and then when I upgrade to my Cray Super computer with 200 drives I will come up with something better. okay So I'll be upgrading to Core I7 not a Cray. Anyway I have a backup device two (2) 500 gb external hard drives. I use one for my Dell GX620 and I'll use the other for Optiplex 760. I don't see me needing a 1TB drive for now but just maybe later. You guys are great thanks for the help.

• 96. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                        roddiehorton Level 1

Just installed Premiere Pro CS5.5 on dell Optiplex 760 running 64 bit Windows Vista and it runs just fine. Apparently not limited to Windows 7 64 bit. I'll try anything once.

• 97. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                          Photo_1985 Level 1

Windows 7 64 bit runs Pre Pro very well and is a very stable OS.  I perfer to use 7-64 over 8 and above.

• 98. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                            roddiehorton Level 1

I believe you on the windows 7 being stable, but I installed PRE PRO CS5.5 on Vista 64 bit. I was told or thought i was told it would not run under vista 64 bit. but it does. i am still going to buy Windows * Pro and Subscribe to Pre Pro for $29.99 Month based on what I have been reading here in the posts. I have Windows 7 64 bit on a Dell Optiplex gx620 Dual Core at 3.4ghz runs fine. Running the trial version of Pre Pro CS6 on it and it runs fine.

• 99. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                              roddiehorton Level 1

going to put Windows 8 on the quad at 3.0 ghz 8gb ram . just starting out...Gotta crawl before you can run with the big boys...

• 100. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                roddiehorton Level 1

Raid card came in today. Got to order another 500gb hard drive that matches the one I have. Also, have to replace the motherboard on my quad 3.0ghz. Already ordered off ebay. Hopefully, it is a good MB.. I used to work as a computer technician so changing it out won't be a problem. You guys are great can't wait to upgrade to a big boy computer so i can edit quicker. Smarter SO on and So.

• 101. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                  PeterB55

It's been interesting reading your back and forths, and to hear of the progress you are making. I'm somewhat ill at present and my next build is on hold. It will be around a Rampage III extreme board that I have. The rest of the spec list has been torn up because everything is moving so fast. When back in the saddle I will have some heavy research to do, in deciding what bits I buy. Until then.Good luck with the build.Peter

Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 16:33:23 -0700

From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

To: peterbaylis@live.co.uk

Subject: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5

Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5

created by roddiehorton in Hardware Forum - View the full discussion

Raid card came in today. Got to order another 500gb hard drive that matches the one I have. Also, have to replace the motherboard on my quad 3.0ghz. Already ordered off ebay. Hopefully, it is a good MB.. I used to work as a computer technician so changing it out won't be a problem. You guys are great can't wait to upgrade to a big boy computer so i can edit quicker. Smarter SO on and So.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5809813#5809813

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5809813#5809813

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5809813#5809813. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Hardware Forum at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 102. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                    roddiehorton Level 1

Hope you get better soon Peter.  I used to think we had come a long way with dual CPU systems on a board Like dual Pentium III or IV. Now we got chips with more cores than you can shake a stick at. I enjoy computers and have followed the technology from days when a 286 CPU was state of the art. at 16mhz. with 2 mb ram and a 20mb hard drive. I had a 386sx 20mhz with 120mb hard drive in 1991. It was a Packard Bell. Fast machine.

• 103. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                      roddiehorton Level 1

looked at the specs or capabilities of your rampage iii extreme mb and aparently it can take the i7 950 cpu quad at 3 ghz fast fsb and plenty of pci-e expansion slots i counted 4. what do you need to power that kind of setup a dedicated generator...can't wait to see your post about the accessories you decide to go with.

• 104. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                        Photo_1985 Level 1

Please remember that memory is the cheapest and quickest way to improve PrePro performance.  If using the cloud, the next is SS drives and then the processor.  When you see what Warp Stabilization can do for you, the faster the processor is the better. 

As I have said it the past, I have 24GB of memory and often use 20 or more of it in PrePro CC (Cloud).  Warp Stabilization and rendering with color corrections will take every bit of my Memory and Processor.

Tom

• 105. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                          PeterB55 Level 1

Thanks for your wishes. My first was an Apple IIe (I got an add on board from French company Memsoft that turned the machine into a 'mini' computer and with the Memsoft operating system I had 'windows' long before YOU KNOW WHO developed them. Next was an IBM 8086 64KB RAM PC (boy how we have moved on) with dual large floppy disks. As I remember the box cost around £2000 and the color monitor another £2000 (them's were the days) I could not afford the 10MB hard drive. Had I of kept it, and in pristine condition, at auction today I may have got a lot of that back LoL

Peter

Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 07:28:04 -0800

Hope you get better soon Peter.  I used to think we had come a long way with dual CPU systems on a board Like dual Pentium III or IV. Now we got chips with more cores than you can shake a stick at. I enjoy computers and have followed the technology from days when a 286 CPU was state of the art. at 16mhz. with 2 mb ram and a 20mb hard drive. I had a 386sx 20mhz with 120mb hard drive in 1991. It was a Packard Bell. Fast machine.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5810750#5810750

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5810750#5810750

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5810750#5810750. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 106. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                            roddiehorton Level 1

You spec it and evewntually I will build it.

• 107. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                              roddiehorton Level 1

just downloaded windows 8.1 on my computer and installed it.. an evaluation version and it is okay for me. runs well on intelquad 3.0ghz 4gb ram. Just trying to get used to this OS. I think I love it so far. Peter do you use windows 8 or 8.1?

• 108. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                roddiehorton Level 1

Running Windows 8.1 makes me wonder if kids can use it cause I sure can't....LOL Kids pick up on technology like eating candy it easy for them. Windows 8.1 professional seems to run faster on my machine wonder if editing video will be pleasant too.

• 109. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                  PeterB55 Level 1

Current beast is Rampage III Extreme, 990x, 560 graphics and 24GB RAM running 7 Ultimate and 5.5. Next will be 'something ambitious' but have to get 100% well first. My aim is to start researching for the next spec around April 2014. But in the meantime if you have any suggestions, based on personal experience, I would welcome the input.

Best regards

Peter

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 20:01:09 -0800

just downloaded windows 8.1 on my computer and installed it.. an evaluation version and it is okay for me. runs well on intelquad 3.0ghz 4gb ram. Just trying to get used to this OS. I think I love it so far. Peter do you use windows 8 or 8.1?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5815363#5815363

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5815363#5815363

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5815363#5815363. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 110. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                    roddiehorton Level 1

Got the replacement motherboard yesterday and installed it worked fine. Installing drivers after I installed Vista 64 bit. System seems to be stable and running fine took about 15 minutes to swap the motherboards out. Just letting you guys know where I am at with my Kiddie machine LOL. Can't wait till I upgrade so I can fully exploit the power of adobe premiere. Work in progress.

• 111. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                      roddiehorton Level 1

Peter,

I haven't heard from you in quite some time. Are you over your illness and how is the spec on your new build going? I finally got 8 gb of ram for my machine and a video card that is suppossed to speed Adobe rendering up  just a tad bit. Got 4 gb ram in one machine with two 500gb hard drives and 3.4 ghz dual core intel processor. I also have to subscribe to adobe Premiere for $29.00 month. So on and so on. Maybe MI6 will hire me to work on videos or something...LOL.

• 112. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                        PeterB55 Level 1

Very good LoL, what make of card did you settle on and what memory make did you get?I'm progressing, health wise, and thank you for asking.

The build, won't happen this side of Christmas, reality is I am aiming to research, research, research and get every component just right so the new machine will last without the constant upgrades that the IT business demand. It's thanks to the help of good people such as yourselves who offer up their spec's and experience that this time I will make the right decisions.

For the time being regardsPeter

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 18:41:24 -0800

Peter,

I haven't heard from you in quite some time. Are you over your illness and how is the spec on your new build going? I finally got 8 gb of ram for my machine and a video card that is suppossed to speed Adobe rendering up  just a tad bit. Got 4 gb ram in one machine with two 500gb hard drives and 3.4 ghz dual core intel processor. I also have to subscribe to adobe Premiere for $29.00 month. So on and so on. Maybe MI6 will hire me to work on videos or something...LOL.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5890443#5890443

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5890443#5890443

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5890443#5890443. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 113. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                          roddiehorton Level 1

Just changed machines same crappy processor. I now have an HP pavilion A6632f. originally came with:

250 gb Hard drive

4 gb ram

windows vista home premium 64 bit

2.4 ghz dual core processor.

Has built in RAID capabilities.

Changed out the processor and Ram and added 2 500gb Harddrives RAID0

Machine now has 8gb ram max supported by motherboard.

3.0 ghz QUAD core CPU

ATI Radeon hd 7570 video card 1 gb ram

When i get comfortable with PREMIERE PRO I will upgrade my machine

My other 23 machines just sitting there waiting to be used and abused.

I really do have 24 computers Mostly Dells.

I wonder If I could network them all together and a very Low power super computer LOL.

I have all these machines because I plan on running a business on eBay. Mostly for clerical work.

I paid $20.00 bucks for the machine at a thrift store. I put the core 2 2.2 ghz CPU in the dell. Will use the dell for Screenwriting and research.

• 114. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                            PeterB55 Level 1

hello one and all.

I'm back in the land of the living, nicely on the mend ( and a big thanks to those who were concerned as to my health ) I'm REDUNDANT. Well UK Gov had to make massive savings so they threw some names into a hat and yours truly ceased working for law enforcement (in London, guess who?). I am now setting up my own production business.

Limited funds and I have to go with what I have got (5 production premium for starters). My old computer has died a death and I have a pile of bits.

SO how about this as a rig:

InWin Maelstrom Full ATX Tower

ASUS Sabertooth X79 (supports up to 64GB)

Intel i7 4930K

Corsair TX950W PSU

32GB Kingston HyperX Fury (4x8)

I have, 4 SSDs - Crucial M500 (240GB) (480GB) (500GB) and a Samsung EVO 840 1TB

As to GPU cards I have a matched pair of PNY NVidia Geforce GTX 680 (4GB each) and an MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 780 (3GB)

Plus a box of bits and bobs. FROM THE EMBOLDENED what do you think I should be using and how?

From all I have read I should be able to build something that plays 5 PP and I am hoping that once built it will last through some software upgrades (as and when I can afford them)  (Please note: I am NOT going the Cloud route, ever )

I invite your comments, criticisms and eagle eyes to guide me into NOT making a hash up when I come to put my rig together. Your experience means a lot to me. With the little cash I have left I MAY upgrade the software if it's an overriding recommendation from the community.

I also want to run DaVinci Resolve 11 on the same machine.

Many thanks, Peter

• 115. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                              JEShort01 Level 4

Peter,

You probably should have started a new thread for your query; possibly the moderator can assist!

Case - fine

Motherboard / cpu - excellent choices

Corsair p/s - again just fine

32GB RAM - fine

SSDs - fine too; suggest 240GB M500 as O/S drive, additional Crucial drives for your work (media, projects, renders, scratch, etc.); EVO 1TB would make the ultimate drive for daily backups

Video cards - GTX 780 - excellent; sell the pair of 680's, PPro CS5, 5.5, and 6 can only use a single video card. You said "never" to CC, but FYI it does support multiple GPUs and aside from render speed for DVD MPEG2 renders multiple GPUs does not help too much.

CS5 - possibly fine, possibly limiting for the latest and greatest media

Regards,

Jim

• 116. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                                PeterB55 Level 1

Jim,

You are right, I should have....but these blog/social/forum thingameejigs are not my strong point. I'm a photographer.

Thank you so much for that really helpful advice. OK I have several days before my techi friends turn up to show me how to build this thing.

You may have just convinced me to go the Cloud route, or whatever it's called.

IF I do sign up to monthly payments for the latest software as and when I need it.... talk to me about the GPU cards I have and how multiple cards, more VRAM etc (see I'm learning) may help.

These cards are PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 680 4MB GDDR5

Peter

• 117. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                                  JEShort01 Level 4

Peter,

Right sizing your system for Premiere Pro is soooo very important when you are considering budget!

Generally speaking, even with the CC 2014 (latest CC Premiere Pro release) that supports multiple GPUs, I would still say use the GTX 780 and sell the pair of 680s. Having more than one GPU hardly helps unless you are doing renders to DVD MPEG2 format, something that most users do not do often.

To get the best advice here for both hardware and software recommendations, you really need to tell the forum what media you will be editing (i.e. AVCHD, Canon 5D MIII, GoPro 4k, Red Epic, etc.), how many layers will you be editing, what 3rd party applications will you be using (Magic Bullet, Colorista, etc.), and how long are your projects (i.e. 3 minute YouTube videos or 2 hour documentaries).

Cheers,

Jim

• 118. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5
                                                                                    Photo_1985 Level 1

What is your budget?

Here are some things I have found out the hard way:

- SSD's are great, but use them in a RAID system and back up daily if

not more.  Why, because you can scrub much better plus lots of other

reasons.  You want your editing to be as easy as possible or it will wear

on you.  BTW: look at the Samsung 850 Pro and get the 1TB when it comes out

this month.

-

- You should have 24GB of RAM or more.

-

- Graphics Card is everything. Look up on the recommended cards on the

Adobe site.  Don't even think of using something else, bad idea.

-

- Don't purchase the Adobe programs.  The cloud is much better.  Start

with Premure Pro and After Effects for general video work.  OK, I hear the

shouting already at me.  By using the Cloud, you always have the most up to

date programs.  Adobe like many other companies wants to give you the very

least while sucking the money from your wallet.  They do this by selling

you a program and not completing the bug fixes.  They then go to another

version (you have to pay for) that fixed the bug fixes just to find new

problems.  Don't get me wrong, Adobe is not the only one doing this, but it

is beneath them when trying to act like a professional product.  Buy the

programs on the Cloud, because it is a subscription.  They know if they do

you right, you may leave to go to another company that will.  Don't get

screwed, use the Cloud.

-

- Many, many times it may be much better not to put too much into one

computer and instead think of using two computers (depending on your

budget).

• 119. Re: System requirements for Premiere Pro CS5

>Graphics Card is everything. Look up on the recommended cards on the Adobe site.  Don't even think of using something else, bad idea

I use CS6 with a GTX 760 and it works PERFECTLY even though it is not on Adobe's list for CS6... by making a simple entry in a text file
                                                                                      http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629557