3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2007 10:45 AM by Krollar

Flex builder 3 beta installer doesn't work

Krollar
      WE are having trouble installing the windows installer version of Flex 3 builder. We tried several machines.
      We keep getting this screen no matter what we click.

! Please select another location to extract the installer to:

This message comes with two buttons. Choose and Cancel.
      If you select choose you can pick a location on your machine. but selecting anything does nothing, just brings you back to the original screen above. It does not display any location or any location selected. The cancel does as it says. So how do I get past this problem?

• 1. Re: Flex builder 3 beta installer doesn't work
          Level 7
          This seems like an incomplete download. try downloading again
          -Arul

"Krollar" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f5ef5m$rpt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > WE are having trouble installing the windows installer version of Flex 3
          > builder. We tried several machines.
          > We keep getting this screen no matter what we click.
          >
          > ! Please select another location to extract the installer to:
          >
          > This message comes with two buttons. Choose and Cancel.
          > If you select choose you can pick a location on your machine. but
          > selecting
          > anything does nothing, just brings you back to the original screen above.
          > It
          > does not display any location or any location selected. The cancel does
          > as it
          > says. So how do I get past this problem?
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >

• 2. Re: Flex builder 3 beta installer doesn't work
            Krollar Level 1
            On reading some other posting, I had read the same thing regarding incomplete download. I forgot to mention that I had alreqady done as you suggested and downloaded again. Two times, different machines. All still giving me the same error. Will try downloading the install one more time via another site we have that contains less traffic. I don't see how that could cause the incomplete download but should help eliminate this as the cause.
            • 3. Re: Flex builder 3 beta installer doesn't work
              Krollar Level 1
              This problem was indeed caused by an incomplete download. The problem I had was due to Checkpoint killing the last bit of the download. After downloading the file outside of our firewalls the file was fine. Mystery solved.