4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2007 1:53 AM by MurMeeKeer

jump down in flash text box

Jodz_
      Hey guys, I need help! -- I am new to flash.
      I have a scrolling text box with text and images in it. I need to know how I can put text at the top that they can click and then it will jump down in the text box to a specific location, can anyone help please.
        • 1. Re: jump down in flash text box
          MurMeeKeer Level 1
          The text you want to click is inside the text box or outside? Please state your problem clearly.
          • 2. Re: jump down in flash text box
            Jodz_ Level 1
            Hey, Um I havent put the top text there yet, i could put it either outside or inside. THe text box, has a scroll content gallery, scrollpane, then text content. The text box is cool you can put images in it.. i just got it off the net.
            My text is actually not inside the "text box"it sits outside, but somehow the text box knows to scroll it.. Could I email you the text box to have a look at? I really need to work this out asap as it is for a client..
            The text box needs to have text at top. subject 1. 2. 3
            Then Content be:
            subject 1
            blah blah blah
            subject 2
            blah blah
            subject 3
            blah
            and it will jump down in the text box..
            If i could email you it be awesome, or you could email me? jodieross69@hotmail.com
            THANX!
            • 3. Re: jump down in flash text box
              MurMeeKeer Level 1
              Yes, it is better to mail me. I'll send you a test mail. This is my id.
              sendmurali@gmail.com
              • 4. Re: jump down in flash text box
                MurMeeKeer Level 1
                Hi,

I got your file. Yeah, that scroll pane is impressive.
                But, the images are not residing in the text box they put. Really, that text box (scroll content gallery.scroll pane.txtContent.txt) is not needed. (If you delete that text box, then also the scroll pane will work fine). They used that text box only to show the texts
                'VISIONERY POSTER PRODUCTS' and '- Scroll down with the pink bar on the right -'.

The remaining texts like......Fine Art Reprints:, 'Wallpapers:', 'Backlits:', etc. are put in seperate static text boxes and then be converted into movie clips.

To check......cut that text box (scroll content gallery.scroll pane.txtContent.txt) and double click on each of 'Wallpapers:', 'Backlits:', etc. (Don't click on Fine Art Reprints: because the mask is hiding it)