1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 11:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

lightpen works under director

lvermeersch
      Hi,

I am trying to get my lightpen to work. It's is an older model (2001) connected to the gameport.
      I don't have working software or drivers for it. I have only a software package (game) where the lightpen works, that is written in macromedia director, has en execute, dxr files, an xtra folder and a lightpen.dll. This software runs only upto wind ME, and there is no update, so i am looking for way to get the lightpen to work. I want to communicate it somehow by reading the gameport and using the dll, i don't have the dll procedurecalls, maybe a director specilast can help.
      I want to use eventually VB to communicate with the gameport, just with code for a joystick wont work with the lightpen. Let me know if someone will have a go or has information.
      The software does contain several x32 files in the xtras folder like directsound.x32.
        • 1. Re: lightpen works under director
          Level 7

"lvermeersch" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f5968j$9ln$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am trying to get my lightpen to work. It's is an older model (2001)
          > connected to the gameport.
          > I don't have working software or drivers for it. I have only a software
          > package (game) that is written in macromedia director, has en execute, dxr
          > files, an xtra folder and a lightpen.dll. This software runs only upto
          > wind ME,
          > and there is no update, so i am looking for way to get the lightpen to
          > work. I
          > want to communicate it somehow by reading the gameport and using the dll,
          > i
          > don't have the dll procedurecalls, maybe a director specilast can help. If
          > possible i want to use eventually vb to communicate with the gameport,
          > just
          > with code for a joystick wont work with the lightpen. Let me know if
          > someone
          > will have a go or has information.
          > The software does contain several x32 files in the xtras folder like
          > directsound.x32.
          >

Hi,
          any ideas about brand, type or model numbers?
          What color? Shape? Anything?

You need some documentation first, otherwise it will be a major project...

Richard.