0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2007 1:58 AM by intwo

How do I debug frame by frame??

intwo
      Is there a way to run my movie frame by frame so I can debug it? I've got an animation loop that's happening so fast, I can't figure out where the problem is.

MORE INFO:
      I've probably done it wrong, but my navigation system involves jumping around the timeline when a user clicks a movieclip button. I've got an Actions layer at the top that has stop(); and wait(); commands. And I've created a menu with movieclip buttons that have actionscript telling them where to jump when clicked.

Problem is, I've got a loop I just can't figure out. Clicking on a button should jump to a frame that has a stop(); command... but when it gets there, it jumps to another frame, and then to another, then to another, and back and then there and back again............

I've walked through the timeline, and it should be alright. The frames appear to point to other frames with stop(); commands. It's driving me insane!!

Is there a way I can go frame-by-frame through the movie? I can't figure out how to get the debugger to SLOW DOWN so I can see what's going on.

I'm using CS3 on a Mac, and am probably an intermediate-level user with very minimal knowledge of actionscript.

Please help ASAP!!! Thanks..............