3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2007 1:38 AM by RoboColum(n)

An Internal error has occurred.

jswan1
      Hello All,

My name is James. During the generation of my HTML project, I received an error message. The error message reads as follows: "An internal error has occurred. An error record has been saved to c:\.err." I cannot open the error record.

Has anyone else encountered this error message?

All input is welcome.

Thanks,

James
        • 1. Re: An Internal error has occurred.
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi James. A little more info is required if we are to help you. Has your help compiled OK previously? If so, what has changed? Is your project on a network drive? If so, move it to a local drive. Has RH been installed with Administrator rights? Do you get the error on other help projects or just one? Have you tried changing the output location - it is generally accepted best practice NOT to compile to the default location. Come back with some more detail and we will see if we can help further.
          • 2. Re: An Internal error has occurred.
            jswan1 Level 1
            Hello Colum,

I have identified the problem. The problem was with the code of the html files I imported into my project. I was able to eliminate the problem by typing in all the information into a new page in my project. Thanks for your response.
            • 3. Re: An Internal error has occurred.
              RoboColum(n) Level 5
              Yes Imported topics do occasionally cause problems. It's always best to look at what has changed since the last working version to identify the issue. Glad you got it sorted.