3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2011 6:37 AM by pauland

Adobe Flex Performance iSSUE

Victor_Sharma

hI,

I need to build UI using ADobe flex that will connect BPM system. I have concurrent 500 users. Is this is feasible to develop application(UI) using Flex for such kind of application.

Thanks,

Vikash

• 1. Re: Adobe Flex Performance iSSUE
          nblavoietaleo

Hello Victor,

We are using Flex at Taleo for an application that can have much more than 1,000 concurrent users. You just need to make sure that your architecture can scale horizontally and vertically. Flex isn't the best here, we also do have performance issues. If speed is your primary target, I suggests you to go pure HTML (5) and Javascript (jQuery, Dojo, etc.)

Good luck.

Nicolas Boulet-Lavoie

Développeur logiciel

Software Developer

T. 418.524.5665 x 1454

F: 418.524.8899

C. nblavoie@taleo.com

Ce courriel et toute pièce jointe peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels, particuliers ou protégés pour l'usage exclusif du destinataire du message original. Toute révision, copie ou distribution du présent courriel (ou de toute pièce jointe) par autrui est formellement interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez retourner immédiatement le courriel à l'expéditeur et effacer définitivement l'original, les copies et les pièces jointes.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient named in the original email to which this message was attached. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this email to the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

• 2. Re: Adobe Flex Performance iSSUE
            Victor_Sharma Level 1

Hi,

What process or improvement needs to be done at Flex side to improve the performance?

Please guide... (related to my last post)

I am planning to build an online ticket booking portal where no. of concurrent users would be 4000/5000. Please guide should i develop the application using adobe flex?

cheers,

victor

• 3. Re: Adobe Flex Performance iSSUE
              pauland Level 4

Flex is a client-side technology. The concurrent performance will be dependent on your server, not the UI (unless you write bad code).