2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2007 7:58 AM by Catfish Tales

Errors in Auto-Generated Style Sheet

Catfish Tales Level 1
      Product --> Adobe RoboHelp HTML 6
      Layout --> WebHelp
      File --> default.css
      Snippet 1 --> text-decoration: none none none;
      Snippet 2 --> text-decoration: none none underline;

RH 6 automagically generates superfluous and contradictory information into the finished style sheet. Kadov warnings indicate that neither of the above snippets should be edited. Is anyone aware of a readily available fix?
        • 1. Re: Errors in Auto-Generated Style Sheet
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum.

A gunslinger who is afraid to remove a few Kadov tags! Get out of town!

I can't speak for someone else's style sheet so take a copy first. Then open the style sheet in Notepad or better still a style sheet editor such as TopStyle (there is a free version). For each style you will find a Kadov duplicate. I just remove all of that and have never had a problem but, I repeat, that is my experience.

Thereafter do all your style sheet editing outside RoboHelp or those tags will reappear.

• 2. Re: Errors in Auto-Generated Style Sheet
            Catfish Tales Level 1
            Peter,

Those kadov tags were like zombies: I shot them dead in Notepad but they spang back to life in RH. I shot them again in Notepad; RH revived them again. It was getting old. Fortunately, your last comment gave me the ammunition that I need to bury those kadov tags once and for all: do all style sheet editing outside RoboHelp or those tags will reappear.

Best regards,
            The Gunslinger