Expand my Community achievements bar.

Issue in Adobe e-form with indiscriminate display of warning image.

Level 1

Hi,

I have designed an e-form using Livecycle Designer.In this form there is a warning image (a small yellow triangle above every field) which is displayed, if the user enters incorrect data for that field, after saving the form.For this, I have called a standard function on presave event of the individual fields.This functionality is working fine.But the issue is suppose for any two fields if I enter incorrect data in second field and correct data in first field so after saving the form the warning image is displayed on the second field.Now if I interchange the values just for the first instance after saving the form the warning image is not getting displayed on the first field.If I make some changes in the form or even if I do nothing just click on a field and exit from it without entering any text and save the form the warning image is displayed.

This defect has been reported from my testing team and I have to close it as soon as possible. Kindly look into this issue and help me in resolving it.

Please find below the code for standard function:-

function

validateMixFields(field,imageField)

{

if (!((field.rawValue == null)||(field.rawValue == "")))

{

// Create a new Regular Expression Object.

// Set the regular expression to look for fields in general form.

var checkExpression = new RegExp("^[^<>=\"'`]*$");

// Test the rawValue of the current object to see if it fits the general format

var result = checkExpression.test(field.rawValue);

// If it fits the general form

if (result == true) {

imageField.rawValue

="";

imageField.access

= "protected";

// all is well.

true; }

else