• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant get my book onto my reader

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a sample ebook to check if i installed ade ok and it came thru to my reader fine but when i bought a book it just wont go from ade to reader it sez "no permission to copy document here",what  does it mean n how can i fix it? thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi breege11,

As per your error "No permissions to copy document here". Please follow the steps as given below.

Solution 1)      1) Open Digital Editions.
                    2) Connect the Reader and open it.
                    3) Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + E  on your keyboard.(Command + Shift + E if you are using MAC)
                    4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
                    5) There you will find a new drive created of your Reader similar to C or D drive under "My computer".
                    6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name Digital Editions.
                    7) Delete those folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
                    8) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.

9) Now transfer your book.

Solution 2) Modify the manifest.xml file located in My Documents\My Digital Editions:(Documents\My Digital Editions if you are using MAC)

1) Quit Digital Editions

2) Make a backup copy of the manifest.xml (call it something like manifest.good)

3) Open manifest.xml in notepad

4) It will appears as one big long line of xml, and you are looking for a tag called  start at the beginning of this

and select until you the end of the tag that looks called </de:deviceID>

5) If you have attached more than one Reader there may be multiple of these.  Delete all of them to make sure.

6) Save the file (manifest.xml) and quit out of notepad

7) Ensure you have the Reader plugged in

8) Launch Digital Editions

9) The Device Setup Assitant should come up.

a) Do NOT click on the "Don't ask again for this device" checkbox.

b) Do click on the "Authorize Device" button.

I hope this will help you...

Regards

Rizwan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines