1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 10:50 AM by bbhui

There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader (103:103)

Cindy-SD

Since upgrading to Reader X I am unable to browse .pdf files in IE 8.  OS is XP SP 3, website is run on Server 2008 IIS 7.5, .pdf is product of Active Server page.

I have tried selecting and deselecting Display PDF in Browser, I've tried checking and unchecking Display in Read Mode by Default, Allow Fast Web View, and I've enabled and disabled both Protected Mode and Enhanced Security.  The website is in both my Trusted Zone and in my Enhanced Security Zone. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Reader X ensuring that both Acrobat 9 and Reader 9 were completely removed, and I cleaned my registry before reinstalling Reader X.

If I uninstall Reader X and reinstall Reader 9, everything works fine.  Unfortunately not all of my users have the luxury of removing Reader X and falling back to Reader 9.

I've run out of ideas on this one and I'm hoping someone has come up with a solution to this problem.  I've scoured the web and I'm no closer to solving this than when I started.

As I said, everything works great under Reader version 9. What changed in Reader X that would cause what once worked to now give me problems?