1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2011 6:57 AM by Carl Dixon

Number of audio inputs at same time (Beta version)

Carl Dixon

Hi everybody -

Ho many assignable audio inputs should there be with this version. I notice in the hardware mapping there is only default stereo left/right 1/2 etc. Does this mean any routed DAW 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 etc will not be processed on stereo tracks 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 for example until a full version is available?

Strangley, I can get SoundFlower to work as a digital internal patch for 4 x stereo pairs or 8 x mono etc (but can't hear a thing from the monitoring).

A few crashes here and there and reports submitted.

Bigger buttons in places if poss. Your earlier poster is right. It seems navigating to some smaller 'clicks' is becoming very challenging on large screens.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Number of audio inputs at same time (Beta version)
          Carl Dixon Level 1

I have found my solution:

'Soundflower' digitally patches the audio 'out' of Logic (4 x stereo pairs) to the 'in' of Audition (for example: stereo pair 1, 2, 3 and 4), but I cannot hear anything, plus, it does not pick up any physical inputs through my hardware (Saffire Pro 24).

However, the free software called 'JACK ' ( www.jackosx.com ) does the same, but I can hear my audio, plus it picks up the physical inputs and mixes them together with the first pair. There is also the option for single audio connection and I believe the system can stream to any number of inputs from multiple outputs.