Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop audio from SWF into Captivate presentation

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Need to include in a Captivate SWF animation (Flash) that has a sound loop. Whathappens when you open the Captivate presentation, is beginning to hear the sound of the flash animation that is in the midst of Captivate.
How could I do to put any command for the Flash animation only start when I get on the page / slide where is she?
Thank you.
Tarcisio Dias

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you're using Captivate 5? This rather annoying behaviour wasn't an issue with Cp4.

It happens because of the way Cp5 loads some movie clips at the beginning of the runtime movie.  So in effect, Cp5 tends to play them twice. Once at the very beginning, and again when they are supposed to.

I'm also assuming that you may have encapsulated your SWF as a symbol on the Flash main timeline?  People don't seem to encounter this and similar issues as much if they have all of their animations and audio clips in layers up on the main timeline level.  But most Flash programmers are trained to select everything and save them together as a movie clip one level down to make it easier to position stuff on the stage.  This doesn't create issues when animations played in Flash or a browser, but does create issues when you embed the same SWF inside a Captivate SWF movie.

The fixes I've used is to either drag all of your animation layers back up to the main timeline again (which can be quite time-consuming and fiddly) or else do this:

• Name your movie clip animation with an instance name. (e.g. myAnimation)
  • Have two frames only on the main timeline.
  • Add a stop(); action to the second frame.
  • Add some AS3 code to a keyframe on the first frame that plays the movie clip by referencing its instance name, like this:
    myAnimation.gotoAndPlay(1);
  • Make sure none of your sounds are set to play on the first frame of your animation.

What should happens here is that when Captivate loads the movie at runtime, it will play the two frames on the main timeline and stop at the stop action (hopefully before any of your sound clips are heard).  Then when you get to the slide where the animation is supposed to play, it will launch again and play as you were expecting it to.

Let me know if this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Thank you for your attention.
I can not change the SWF / Flash
I need to monitor the implementation of this through the Captivate SWF, putting abeginning and an end, so that only starts when you arrive slide. By going through it, thefile must stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but the only way I know to fix this is in Cp5 is to make changes to the original Flash FLA source file and republish the SWF.

If you cannot do that because you do not have access to the source files or you don't know a developer with Flash, then your only other option is to rebuild the module in Cp4...which also might not be an option for you if you only have Cp5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution for Play/ Pause the imported swf animation in captivate - Place all the animation in timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources