I have two Flash projects, an Intro (1 scene) and a Portfolio (5 scenes). I copied all layers from the Intro and created a new scene in the Portfolio file, and pasted the layers. All of my buttons work except for the button that brings me from the end of the Intro, into Portfolio. weirdly enough, this the same button that I use throughout the portfolio to bring me to the "Home" scene. When I remove this button, the error message goes away. Below is the action, and below the action is the error message.
function onClick18 (event:MouseEvent)
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
The 1009 error indicates that one of the objects being targeted by your code is out of scope. This could mean that the object....
- is not in the display list
- doesn't have an instance name (or the instance name is mispelled)
- does not exist in the frame where that code is trying to talk to it
- is animated into place but is not assigned instance names in every keyframe for it
- is one of two or more consecutive keyframes of the same objects with no name assigned in the preceding frame(s).
If you go into your Publish Settings Flash section and select the option to Permit debugging, your error message should have a line number following the frame number which will help you isolate which object is involved.
If removing that code makes the error go away, then chances are your BtnHome_mc does not exist in the frame where that code executes (for any of the possible reasons identified).