1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 9:53 AM by WordRad

Another bug in Flex? (Application.parameters and query strings)

WordRad Level 1

I'm passing in two query string parameters in the source of SWFLoader and both of them are clumped together in the first parameter by application.parameters.

But I switch the order of the parameters in the query string and both parameters are returned correctly:

Case #1:

Query String:  ?cfg=zzzzzzz54B&embed_div=x

parameters.cfg: zzzzzzz54B&embed_div=x

parameters.embed_div:  [nothing]

Case #2:

Query String:  ?embed_div=x&cfg=zzzzzzz54B

parameters.cfg: zzzzzzz54B

parameters.embed_div: x

Here is the actual debug commands:

Dumper.info(this.url);
      Dumper.info(this.parameters.cfg)
      Dumper.info(this.parameters.embed_div);

And output:

(Case #1)

[INFO]: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WordRad234/chm/wordrad_kt/web%20pages/zzzzzzz5/rad_3xf.swf?cfg =zzzzzzz54B%26embed_div%3Dx (String)

[INFO]: zzzzzzz54B&embed_div=x (String)

[INFO]: (Object)

(Case #2)

[INFO]: file:///C:/Program%20Files/WordRad234/chm/wordrad_kt/web%20pages/zzzzzzz5/rad_3xf.swf?emb ed_div=x&cfg=zzzzzzz54B (String)
      [INFO]: zzzzzzz54B (String)
      [INFO]: x (String)

Something I just noticed: the equal sign after embed_div is replaced by %3D but only if embed_div comes last.

• 1. Re: Another bug in Flex? (Application.parameters and query strings)
          WordRad Level 1

NEVERMIND:

It was something I was doing  to the source of SWFLoader beforehand (involving encodeURIComponent).

I have to say, I have many, many times thought something was a bug in Flex and it was in fact my code.  In general, I think Flex/AS3 is an elegant and useful product.  The sort of ad hoc  tweaks that have to be done to avoid memory leaks though is ridiculous (though I do have that figured out pretty much as well.)