As per the error message that you are getting E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEYplease follow the steps as given below.
1) Open Adobe Digital Editions.
2) Press Ctrl+Shift+D key of your Keyboard and deauthorize Digital Editions
3) Move your e-books to some different Location.
4) uninstall Adobe Digital Editions from your computer.
Click start>>Control Panel>>Add or remove Program
Select Adobe Digital Editions from the list and Delete.
5) Also delete following files.
Type "regedit" without quotes in the box and hit enter.
Locate the following key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Digital Editions"
delete the full folder (Right click on it and click delete).
Also locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept
Delete the full folder.
6) Now download and install Adobe Digital Editions from the link given below.
7) When asked to authorize computer then please enter same Adobe ID and password and authorize the same.
I hope this will help you!!!
Thanks for the help, but I tried opening the Digital Editions I have here on
a PC and it still works fine. My problem is on an Apple Imac. I think your
instructions are for a PC. If you have instructions for a Mac running
10.5.8, please send them over and I'll give it a try!
I had the same problem today. It's taken me ages and I have a massive headache but I've finally made it work!
Open Keychain Access. (I'm not sure where to find this, but type it into Spotlight)
Go to the Keychain Access menu and click Keychain First Aid
Then make sure the padlock on the Keychain window is down.
Then try and run Digital Editions.
It worked for me.... good luck!
It worked! Thanks bethan111! It's so easy when you know what to do, but it's
so hard to find out what to do!