My colleague and I are running into the same problem, but we have PowerPoint 2007 and Windows 7.I think I had run into this when I have XP, but certainly not at the frustrating frequency I'm dealing with it now
It mostly doesn't work, giving us the exact same errors identified above, but some times--seemingly randomly--it comes to life and allows us to import audio.
Any advice on this?
I tried to reproduce this issue but I am not getting any error message. Please provide us following information; this might help to reproduce this issue:-
1) You are seeing this issue in PPT or PPTX
2) You seeing this issue in newly created presentations or its just old presentation which is not working properly.
3) OS and PowerPoint version
4) If this issue is consistent on any particular presentation then please share it.
5) Can we have exact reproducible steps
2) Old and new
3) Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Office Pro 2010
4) Not a consistent issue...happens randomly, bout 40-50% of the time
5) I create a new pres. w/ text/images with animation. Then go to the Presenter Tab/Import Audio, and choose audio tracks to import. PPT imports the audio, then as soon as that menu closes, the error msgs appear. After that, you can not open the "edit audio" window nor save the pres.
One work-around I found is, when this happens, as soon as I get my first error msg., I go to Win. Explorer and delete the newly created "filename_pptx" folder, in the root directory of the file (with the file still open in PPT). Then, I go back to "import audio". A menu comes up asking where the audio is...I choose the middle option, to just re-import new audio tracks. Then, repeat my importing audio steps. For some reason, usually, the error msgs do not repeat again after that...usually... :-\
Please install Presenter 7.0.7 from www.adobe.com. Your previous 7.0 license will work in 7.0.7.
I see your first post on March 2011. And Presenter 7.0.7 is released in August. It seem that you are getting this error in older version of Presenter. Please install new version of Presenter.