I have a fairly large (16.3 MB) FLA used to publish a SWC that contains an embedded DF3 font and ui elements. All the textfields in the FLA are named, Classic/Dynamic instances. Everything was going fine, until one day I opened the FLA and textfields all over the document had sporadically blanked out and replaced with distorted rectangles. When I check what the font is set to, it's at the system default (Times).
Resetting the textfield to my embedded font fixes it, althought the height/leading of the text needs to be adjusted.
Here are the settings of an example textfield before:
And how it is supposed to look:
Now here is what happens to the dialog:
And how it now looks:
The first time this happened, I figured it was some kind of mistake I made and fixed all the textfields by hand. Now this is the second time, and I am somewhat concerned that if this is a recurring issue, it will destroy my project.