please, just give just one clue
Change the backgroundColor property on the Canvas to whatever you wish.
Well, I put it:
<mx:Canvas x="0" y="0" width="100%" height="100%" backgroundColor="#000000" color="#000000">
Result: green background.
I would use other component but it's great optimize to hbar and vbar...
Remove the "color" attribute; it is not used. Try another color besides black.
Go through the CSS for your theme and make sure something in there is not affecting the Canvas.
Remove your theme, refresh the project and see what effect that has.
Simply create a new prject with only a Canvas. Set its color and see if it works. Then apply your theme and see what happens.
1. Create skinning for all the components in flex using Flash Catalyst 5.5.
(Flash Catalyst Learning aid : http://tv.adobe.com/show/flash-catalyst-1-1-with-doug-winnie)
2. Use them in a model application using CSS.
Eg. of CSS:
/* CSS file */
@namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
@namespace mx "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx";
fontSize:24; //may or may not use these
Where ButtonSkin3 is the Skinning file… in same folder where the CSS file exists.
3. After that model is finalized place the CSS in your Application (Right Click on the CSS and check CSS to SWF) using flash builder.
4. Use the SWF file for your application to change the look and feel via a menu at runtime…
To learn how to do so use this link…
5. In your application just call this dynamically from a menu or button.
BasicStyles.swf is our css file in swf format.