0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2011 4:21 PM by chris4600

webkit.dll crash on launch

chris4600 Level 1

Hello. At least one user of our Flex desktop application, who was formerly able to run it normally, now has an issue in which the application crashes shortly after opening. Facts:

• The user is running Windows XP SP3.
      • The Application event log shows "Faulting application MyAppName.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module webkit.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x001f9425."
      • The crash does not always happen at exactly the same time (although is always within a few seconds), and the application is able to download a few things before crashing.
      • Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of AIR on the user's machine did not help.
      • Running Tour de Flex produces an equivalent message.
      • The only potentially relevant thing that the user mentioned that has happened recently is that she installed another AIR app, svBuilder. However, since AIR was reinstalled more recently than the application was installed, I don't see how that could be related. Installing svBuilder on other computers also does not appear to induce this problem.
      • I found at least one example of another AIR application having the same problem.

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be here, please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris