1 person found this helpful
You can easily insert another image in several ways:
1) Smart Object
- Go to File > Place,
- Browse to select the file you want to insert and press OK
- Open the other image/s you want to insert in PSE
- open that image and press Ctrl + A
- Press Ctrl + C to copy the image
- Go to the image where you want to insert.
- Press Ctrl +V
First method would insert the image as a vector layer and if you want to edit the image, you need to go to the layer's panel, Select the smart object layer and right click on it, select Simplify layer.
Now you can edit the image inserted as well.
PS: make sure you are on the correct layer while working on multiple layered file.
Thank you for your very helpful answer.
It worked well!
Great! glad that it helped you.
Please mark answer as helpful answer, so that it helps others as well, who are looking for a similar solution.
Also do you know how I can make it blend into the picture?
It is a picture of one of our products that we sell & it doesn't have our logo on it so I want to add it on but it is coming up with a white background around the words. Is there some way I can make the outside transparent and just have the words??? If you get what I mean!
Sorry this is the first time I have ever used photoshop & am not real sure what I am doing.
After you have inserted the image, you can use
- Magic Erasor tool : Click on the white background area you want to remove. ( if the areas you want to keep does not have White at all, uncheck Contiguous from the options bar and click on the white( or any color) background area.
- Paint Bucket tool: from the options bar, select from Mode Drop down, - "Clear". Check/Uncheck Contiguous depending on the colors, and click on the color to be removed.
- Magic Extracter: Go to Image > Magic Extractor: Mark areas to protect and remove with not so refined and perfect strokes, and Click on Preview to verify that you have acheived the desired results. You can erase and mark your areas you want to protect and remove till you have the right areas removed. Once you are satisfied by the results, click on OK
PS: Make sure you have the correct Layer selected from the Layer's panel.
Also, please mark the answers as correct answers if they solve your problems.
You are amazing! That was so helpful!
P.S. I will mark them helpful!