6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2011 6:16 AM by Janny76

Please, could you help with The System Error?

Janny76

Hi guys,

Please could someone help me with The system error: The Parameter is incorrect? which appears on the screen when I open Adobe Photoshop?

It is Starter edition3.0 and so far it worked ok and suddenly this message haunts my screen. If I clic OK, whole application disappears. I tried hundred times and checked it is 5.1.2600 and my notebook has got Windows XP Profesional.

Any advice hunging around?

ThaaankxJ

• 1. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
          orionlove

I just got off the telephone with an Adobe Tech.  He said the version was so old that it is not supported by them any longer. I asked what he would recommend and he said he was sorry that there was nothing he could do.  He was not helpful and reacted as if he was annoyed with my call.  He said I could purchase the new product.  I asked if this would fix the problem or transfer my files to the new product and he said he could not answer.  I have important documents and photos that are irreplaceable.  He seemed exasperated at my request for help and couldn't get off the phone fast enough.  So I asked him, "If I bought the new Adobe product and a couple of years go by...you are telling me that it to will not be supported by Adobe?".  He had nothing to say and was silent on the phone for a few seconds.  I said "No answer Huh?".  Good-bye.  Good luck trying to get it fixed.  Adobe apparently is a ponzi scheme.

• 2. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
            Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Could be just a corrupt preferences file. You can rebuild the preferences file if you delete the old one. The location of the old file varies based on the version of the operating system you use. I have XP, and the prefs file is called "psa.prf", and it's located at: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Album\3.2.

Drag that to the trash, and try restarting.

-Mark

• 3. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
              Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

Hi orion,

Sorry that was the impression made by the support agent. If the version of the software that you have is 3.0 or 3.2, then the catalog can be upgraded when you run the trial version of Photoshop Elements. Version 8 had no time limitations, not sure if version 9 will timeout after 30 days or not.

Just install, and when you launch, Elements will automatically convert the catalog to a format that it can read.

-Mark

• 4. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
                orionlove Level 1

I downloaded Picasa and my photos transferred over but not the home videos.  Adobe would not help me.  Thanks for the help.  I will try it.  But Adobe is on my sh*t list.

• 5. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
                  orionlove Level 1

My version was installed in 2008.  IAdobe said I needed an upgrade.  When I did it, it no longer worked.  I think that is bogus.  I will try again.  Thanks.

• 6. Re: Please, could you help with The System Error?
                    Janny76 Level 1

Thank you mark, I'll try.

J

Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:17:20 -0600

To: krpelandia02@hotmail.com

Subject: Please, could you help with The System Error?

Hi orion,

Sorry that was the impression made by the support agent. If the version of the software that you have is 3.0 or 3.2, then the catalog can be upgraded when you run the trial version of Photoshop Elements. Version 8 had no time limitations, not sure if version 9 will timeout after 30 days or not.

Just install, and when you launch, Elements will automatically convert the catalog to a format that it can read.

-Mark

>