3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 8:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Inputting videos in slideshows

farm.girl

Hey,

I'm fairly new to this program but I have to use it for work so I've been trying to create videos and I've encountered a problem. I'm importing my slides for the videos as JPEGs from Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 and I have my slideshow all set up, but I want to put a video on one of my slides. I know how to get the video into Elements and I can put it on a slide of its own, but I need it in a frame on a slide I've created. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Inputting videos in slideshows
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you trying to get slides from Powerpoint into Premiere Elements -- or are you trying to get videos from Premiere Elements into Powerpoint?

If the latter, the best thing to do is use Share/Computer/WMV (with the LAN preset) to export a Windows Media Video file. This is the ideal format for use as video in a Powerpoint presentation.

• 2. Re: Inputting videos in slideshows
            nealeh Level 5

In timeline view put the video on a different track above the clip for the slide in which you want to overlay it. Select the clip and click the Properties button. Open up Motion and then use the Position and Scale controls to define the size and location of your video. What I do is to put in approximate numbers and then use the mouse to drag and resize the video further.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Inputting videos in slideshows
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale has given you the steps to get your PiP into your frame. In this case, I created the "frame" with a shape, but you already have that element, and only need to match the Motion>Position and Motion>Scale to it:

Bordered_PiP.png

Here is a "custom frame," that was created in PS for each of my images (could be stills, or video):

PiP_Frame.jpg

Now, if your frame is viewed at an angle, you will need to skew your PiP to match, and the Effect>Corner Pin is very useful for doing that to match the four points of your frame. One sees this often, where the "frame" is sitting on say a table, and has a tilt to it, or where one is inserting the PiP into a TV set's bezel. This is very easy with newer TV's, but one can also do it for older CRT TV's, with a Track Matte that matchs the bezel of the older TV.

Good luck,

Hunt