2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2011 9:16 AM by .:fish:.

Undoing a Update in AE CS4

.:fish:.

I have recently been having problems with one of my plugins (muzzleplug by FXhome). It has stopped being produced and updated. However It was running fine and well until I updated CS4 9.0.2 to CS4 9.0.3. I was wondering how can I take away/undo CS4 9.0.3 and get CS4 9.0.2 again?

Thanks in advanced,

Matt

• 1. Re: Undoing a Update in AE CS4
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you want to revert to the 9.0.2 version, you can uninstall After Effects, reinstall it, and then just apply the 9.0.2 update.

I'd advise against that, though. There are some important bug fixes in the 9.0.3 update. If the only issue is the a plug-in isn't working correctly with the updated version, then we can probably help you to find an alternative to that plug-in.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Undoing a Update in AE CS4
            .:fish:. Level 1

If you want to revert to the 9.0.2 version, you can uninstall After Effects, reinstall it, and then just apply the 9.0.2 update.

I'd advise against that, though. There are some important bug fixes in the 9.0.3 update. If the only issue is the a plug-in isn't working correctly with the updated version, then we can probably help you to find an alternative to that plug-in.

Thanks for the help. I figure it may be better without reinstalling AE CS4. However I am wondering if there is another alternative to the muzzleplug plugin. It is a 3d muzzle flash creator. I find it very convenient and useful (i.e no need to create multiple layers of stock footage to create a muzzle burst, or fiddling around in 3d space with combined stock footage). If you can tell me where I can purchase something of this kind please let me know. Also I have purchased some stock footage muzzle flares but I feel it is sometimes not as efficent as the plugin.

Thanks for all your help!

Matt