• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Standard 10 download

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a license for Adobe Acrobat Standard X but no media (this is a new Dell computer).  I've looked all over the site and I get directed to Adobe Acrobat Pro X to download. I tried downloading Pro X and using my license but that failed since it's only a license for Acrobat Standard.

If someone could please direct me to the location for Acrobat Standard 10 download I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

SUCCESS!!!

Hey you guys, check out https://smartsource.dell.com and login, make sure you're running it from the Dell computer that had the license. It will install an IE activeX control to determine your system info, and then will take you to a downloads page where you can download all the software your computer was licensed for. Roxio, PowerDVD, etc, AND Adobe Acrobat X Standard! Jeeeeez it took long enough to get an answer!

Hopefully that resolves this unnecessarily complicated issue! My goodnes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Adobe 10 Standard updates at this link and Adobe Customization Wizard X but no link to the Acrobat 10 Standard download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg it's time that you start using torrents like me..

[link deleted by host]

here you go download it and install it .. and it's free ((( )))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I would absolutely do that if this computer wasn't being deployed in a business environment.

Thanks for the link though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is even a solution for your  business environment ( but it's a risk )  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you buy the license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The computer was purchased from Dell with a license for Office 2010 and a separate license for Adobe Acrobat Standard 10.  I am wiping and reloading the computer.  Dell appears to no longer send media for Office 2010 and Acrobat Standard 10.  Just license cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may contact the support of Dell or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same question here.  I'm all about saving the planet by not providing media--except when it is also used opportunistically to help augment sales of the upstream products (in this case, Acrobat Pro, which I'm sure will be the end result of this being so obfuscating, at least for many ... nothing like good, old fashioned trickery to drive sales!).

As a sidenote/editorial on this:  Kudos to Microsoft, as they have recently really loosened the reigns with locking serial numbers to specific versions of core software (e.g., Windows, Office)--and also have begun providing easily located download locations for these products that are available to the public.  Without a serial number, you picka version and run a trial.  Want to activate one?  No problem--pop the serial number/product number in for the version you own, and bang!  You activate the version you have a license for.  It's not rocket science, but it is progress--and it punishes paying customers far less than these earlier practices of hiding media/downloads and serial locking used to.

Anyway, the card for Adobe Acrobat X Standard we received simply says:

DO NOT DISCARD

this card includes the serial number for Adobe Acrobat X Standard.  Keep this card in a safe place.  you will need the serial number to reinstall the software.

http://www.adobe.com/support

[Something in Spanish]

[Something in German]

Product Serial Number

The flip side has UPC / SKU information.

So let me see if I missed any of the proposed solutions offered so far, none of which (it seems to me) offer any type of workable solution whatsoever:

1. Download the Pro version instead, or the updates for the software you don't have, using the first link proposed.  Problem:  You can't install/activate the Standard software using the available Pro download, and the updates don't install the software.
  2. Contact Adobe.  Problem:  You didn't buy the software from them, ergo, it's not their problem, and they probably won't help you.
  3. Oh, for crying out loud, you're still buying software, why don't you just download cracked versions like smart people?  Problem:  It's an interesting proposition, but not really workable in a business environment.

Did I miss any?

I called Dell Pro Support the day we received the first system like this.  Why?  One day, I know I will need it, and won't have the time to deal with it when we do.  Call me crazy ... I guess I'm a planner.

Quick as a flash, Dell's suggestions were as follows:

• Rev. 1:  "Just download it."  This is such an elegant solution!  I don't know why I had not thought of this before.  Only a fool couldn't figure out instructions so crisp, clean, and elegant.  One snag--I'm apparently a fool, but smart enough to know I'm a fool, so I pointed out that I need some more specific information than that.
  • Rev. 2:  "Download it from Adobe's site."  This is even better.  I love specific, foolproof solutions like "use [their] website"!  The web is just dripping with awesome!!  And with only (conservatively) a trillion odd webpages out there, you can find anything!  One pointed problem though:  fools (like me) have problems sifting through all those pesky pages, especially finding software that isn't available to download.  Still, it feels we're making progress.  I protest my foolishness yet again to the support technician ... maybe we could guide my foolish fingers through the process of finding something as obvious as "... Adobe's site."
  • Rev. 3:  "You can download it from CNET's Download.com site"  This was very exciting news.  Apart from one thing--they do (unbeknownst to me, but apparently knownst to Dell) offer a download of Acrobat 9 Standard.  Actually something I did *not* already know, but as a certified fool, I deem the process of using an Acrobat X Standard serial number to activate a downloaded copy of Acrobat 9 Standard too prone to failure, so we continue ...
  • Rev. 4: "Well, you'll have to contact Adobe for help with this, we are just the reseller."  As a fool who has been on this treadmill before, I explain that Adobe's support is trained to quickly spot and root out fools like me the instant we call.  They use trickery like, "You'll have to contact the OEM for support on this software.  If they truly run out of options, they can internally escalate and contact our product support team directly."  At this point, I thank the technician emphatically for his earnest efforts at helping someone so foolish with such a silly problem as not being able to reinstall the software he paid for with his shiny new 'puter.  I'm sure there are far more pressing issues than dealing with the likes of me.  After thanking him, I confirmed the technician's name, and asked for the case number again, so that if (i.e., when) Adobe explained how they may not be able to help a fool who bought this software via an OEM bundle, and that I would have to go back to the OEM for help with this, I could quickly reference the case #, and escalate the issue for a more workable solution.  As I said, I wouldn't want to waste anyone's time.  Apparently, this triggered a though on the other end ...
  • Rev. 5: "Do you mind if I place you on hold while I research this a minute?"  So after about 15 more minutes on hold, the technician at least came back with a conclusion of, "I'm not sure, and neither is our internal team I have immediate access to.  We are reaching out internally to our product support team for Adobe products and they are going to have to get in touch with our internal contacts at Adobe.  We'll call you back."

So stay tuned.

• Rev. 6: "Apparently, this just got SKU'd in our system about a week ago, and the software ISN'T AVAILABLE yet ... we are going to have physical media and will be able to send it to you ... there may be a download site available at some point, just not right now"   I'm skeptical this will end up being a media solution--it seems that they will eventually provide a download link or some way of registering/linking the serial number on the card with an online account with Adobe, in order to facilitate downloads in the future.

By my count, including the earlier attempts others have made at solving this, this makes about 9 well thought out, proven, and tested solutions to such a silly problem.  We are still waiting on one that is foolproof though ... if only I were more technically apt, I'm sure one of the others offered herein would have solved this for me by now.  Yet I continue to wait ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, another update, at two more (failed) attempts to rectify the situation we seem to have here:

1. I registered the serial number within my Adobe.com account, (foolishly) wondering if perhaps this would entitle me to download the software that was purchased with the hardware we just received.  Wrong!  No such luck ... So I proceeded to the next step ...
  2. I contacted Adobe support, waited 20 minutes in a queue, and was greeted by a friendly support representative who put me on hold for 10 minutes after listening to my woes, then came back to suggest I use the included media.  When I reiterated that this was not available, she suggested I download it from their website (starting to get a slight sense of Deja Vu ...).  Once we had covered my understanding of Pro v. Standard, and available downloads vs. non-available downloads, she put me on hold again, and finally produced ... SUCCESS!!

Well.. sort of.  They are so nice!  They are willing to send me installation media.  One potential issue, however ...

She started taking my street address, then asked casually for my credit card number.  At Fool's University College of Knowledge U., they trained us well enough to at least know to ask questions when prompted for sensitive financial information.  So I asked ... she explained it was to cover the processing fees.  "How much is that?" I foolishly asked.  It's really nothing, she explained, $20.  "Oh," I replied, " and that's it?"

"Yes," she continued, "but it is exclusive of the processing charge and applicable taxes."  Well, I broke out my calculator, and quickly concluded that this "nothing" charge was going to run somebody (not me, you understand) $27.50.  I thanked her for picking up the charges, since she mentioned how insignificant the charges were (naturally, as a fool, I took this to mean shewas paying for it--I mean, it being insignificant and all).  "No, I'm not paying for it--you have to."

So I thanked her for her time, took down a case #, and continued to wait desperately by the phone for Dell to call back.

Sometimes it's hard being a fool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you may have deleted what Dell distributed. The distribution of all of the packages are commonly being loaded on a separate partition of the machine, rather than send CDs or DVDs. When my wife got her computer a few years back it was recommended to run a backup that would copy all of those files. Probably too late for you. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat described, and I can set your mind at ease: no partition existed on my Dell machine to reinstall any software.

HotSpotComputing -- You're lucky, I spent over an hour on hold for an agent to tell me the following:

1. They provide bulk discs to Dell, this is the first they've heard of Dell not providing media.

2. Dell is responsible for providing media.

3. They cannot provide us a downloadable exe unless we buy a full copy.

4. They cannot provide us an email saying all of this because they haven't sold us anything--Dell sold it.

5. We can purchase a disc from them for $20.00 (1-877-782-3623)

6. They are aware that they do not have an exe on their site. He couldn't tell me why, but they decided that was the best way to go.

You know what I'm seeing here?  I'm seeing a really good market for Adobe .iso files.  $5 a pop for an unlicensed iso, $10 for a burned disc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS!!!

Hey you guys, check out https://smartsource.dell.com and login, make sure you're running it from the Dell computer that had the license. It will install an IE activeX control to determine your system info, and then will take you to a downloads page where you can download all the software your computer was licensed for. Roxio, PowerDVD, etc, AND Adobe Acrobat X Standard! Jeeeeez it took long enough to get an answer!

Hopefully that resolves this unnecessarily complicated issue! My goodness, why don't all the Dell techs KNOW THAT?! 🙂

Let me know if it worked for you! I'm downloading it as we speak!

Cheers!

Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a winner!

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable! I've been working nearly solely with Dell machines for almost 12 years, and have never heard of this site.

Looks like it works like a charmthough I did notice (at least from my laptopnot the system in question) I was not offered the OS discs, but this is not usually a problem as these actually ship with systems (at least at this point).

You learn something every day--even us fools. Long live the Interwebs!

I'll actually route this information back to Dell Support (clearly the pod I connected with had never heard of it--and I doubt my sales team has either ... probably a good reason to keep something like this so hush-hush!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was pretty taken aback myself. Because it was after I was told by the tech I spoke with that "I would have to contact Adobe for further assistance" that I told him I'd like to speak to a supervisor. He said he would go see if one was available. Then about 5 minutes later, he came back and said on his way to find a supervisor, he ran into someone in the hall who told him to try out that site for those downloads.

Apparently none of the Dell techs know about this damn thing! We need to CC the whole Support department!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for posting where to get this software. I just got 2 new Dell laptops at work which came with the Adobe serial number cards instead of the CDs I used to get. When I ordered the laptops, my sales rep claimed the laptops would "come with the discs" for the Adobe software. I went to https://smartsource.dell.com and was able to download the Adobe software I needed. I have just informed my Dell sales rep of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2011 Apr 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone getting the following error while using https://smartsource.dell.com  When I press the Register System button, it starts "Examing Your computer please wait..."  and then the error happens.  I've had my laptop a week now and like all of you was sent the computer w/no media but a serial #.  Dell tech support can't seem how to help me and customer care isn't much help either.  Any ideas??

Error

An Application error has occurred. Please contact customer  support if this problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2011 May 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be sure and disable your AV. After you register/log in and run the service tag discovery, you can get the downloads on any PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines