1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2011 5:47 PM by mhouseman

How to run adt.bat created installer silently from command line?

mhouseman

All,

I totally get how to create an installer like so:

adt -package -target native c:\AirExe\myApp.exe c:\AirExe\myAirApp.air

Is it possible to run the installer silently from the command line?  Part of our smoke test process is to do nightly builds which would include the adt command above.  What we're missing right now is automatically copying the installer to a QA machine and silently install from the command line.  Currently, we have a QA engineer manually running the GUI installer.

We want to automate as much of our process as possible and without installing silently from the command line, we're kind of dead in the water for automating this process.  Thanks...

Matt

• 1. Re: How to run adt.bat created installer silently from command line?
          mhouseman Level 1

Spent an hour last Friday on hold with Adobe support, bounced around to 4 different CSR's and no love getting my question answered.

I spent part of my weekend solving this.  I'm sure there are other solutions, but here goes:

1) Downloaded the 7-Zip utility from here: http://www.7-zip.org/

2) Added c:/Program Files/7-Zip to my path (this helped with interactive testing from the command line)

3) Made the following edit to my ant build.properties file:

a) 7_ZIP_HOME=C:/Program Files/7-Zip

4) Made the following edit to my ant build.xml file:

a) <exec executable="${7_ZIP_HOME}/7z.exe">
                     <arg line="x build/INSTALLER_CREATED_WITH_ADT.exe -obuild -y"/>
                   </exec>

Hope this saves someone else a little time...

-M