5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2011 10:03 AM by the_wine_snob

Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing

funkychick7

Please can someone enlighten me…..

Ive migrated from avid liquid to adobe cs5 as there were more options with each programs.

The problem im having after editing a clip is in exporting. Ive exported in mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg dvd, Microsoft avi, and various different presets each time.

I only tried about 10 seconds of the clips first as I have never exported before.

BUT when I play these on my two different dvds and a blu ray player, it keeps saying format not supported. Ive done about 20 different clips all with different formats and presets and not one single one worked. Ive also tried changing the codecs that came with the a.p.p.cs5 and still no luck.

With avid it was a simple case of of either fusing it or burning straight onto a dvd or saving the iso and worked in all 3 players.

Is there something im doing wrong when exporting?, do I need additional codecs installed?....

Original video was shot by sony pd150

• 1. Re: Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing
          Harm Millaard Level 7

PD150 is SD DV so after editing, your normal workflow would be to export to MPEG2-DVD for authoring with Encore and burning to DVD. All the other formats are irrelevant here, since you start with DV material and deliver on DVD. Uprezzing to BRD is not advisable, due to the severe loss of quality.

The alternative is to DL (dynamic link) to Encore and do your authoring there, or to export as MS DV AVI, import into Encore and have Encore do the transcoding.

• 2. Re: Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing
            funkychick7 Level 1

Hi, thanks for the quick reply...so does this mean i can't just save a file on adobepp and view it on a dvd?...

the only way is to go though encore?

• 3. Re: Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing
              cvid01 Level 4

You have "author" the files for DVD. You will note that the video files on a DVD have "VOB" extension. They don't have an MPEG extension. A DVD format is different from formats exported by Premiere Pro. Any authoriing program will work. Encore is used because it comes with Premere Pro.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing
                funkychick7 Level 1

thankyou guys, i tried the encore and it worked...

• 5. Re: Help..none of the exporting format,preset work when playing
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you are exploring Encore. I think that you'll find it to be a wonderful program.

As you work with it a bit, if you have any questions, or problems, there is a very active Encore Forum. The reason that I point that out is that there are some valued contributors, who do not use PrPro, but do use Encore, so they are not likely to be hanging out here, but might be very useful in helping with a problem, that is Encore specific. There, you will see some familiar faces, but also some new ones, like Neil Wilkes and Jon Geddes, who "know their stuff."

Also, if you are just starting with Encore, I have one recommendation - Jeff Bellune's book, The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe EncoreDVD 2.0, Focal Press. Though written for an earlier version of Encore, everything in that book will apply to En CS5, as everything in Encore is based on the DVD-specs., and those have not changed version to version. For the additions in En CS5, the Help Files will fill in those blanks. Besides the workings of En, Jeff shares all sorts of great tips on how to do some very creative treatments, and will help you fool your viewers into thinking that you have found a way around the limitations of those DVD-specs. A great investment, and nearly every question that you might have, will be answered in it.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful